• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Caring for your cube (3x3)

PetrusQuber

YouTube
N/A
Why would you put lube in the hole where the screw goes? That part isn't supposed to move.

Also: The WR Average 3x3 is 5.53 or something now. (Your signature.)
I don’t really know now...

I’ll change the signature too ;)

Wait, now I’m confused. It does move. The centre piece is revolving around the screw??????

PetrusQuber

YouTube
N/A
Sorry I meant the bit where the centre piece touches the screw. Also the WR average tends to be slightly lucky, so Felik’s isn’t sub 5.54 is he? Meh, doesn’t matter.

Dr. Lube

I think we all need to be on the same page as regards cubing terms. I've always called the multi-holed plastic piece at the heart of a puzzle the 'core' and the pieces that are screwd to it the 'centers'. A 3x3 puzzle has one core and six centers. You shouldn't put lube in the holes in the core as this may allow screws to back out over time but you should put lube in the holes in the centers as it protects them from wear and smooths out rotation.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
N/A
I think we all need to be on the same page as regards cubing terms. I've always called the multi-holed plastic piece at the heart of a puzzle the 'core' and the pieces that are screwd to it the 'centers'. A 3x3 puzzle has one core and six centers. You shouldn't put lube in the holes in the core as this may allow screws to back out over time but you should put lube in the holes in the centers as it protects them from wear and smooths out rotation.
Whenever I hear people refer to the core, they’re always talking about centre pieces...

Dr. Lube

That's why we need to be on the same page as regards the cubing lexicon.

Just for the heck of it, do a keyword search for 'core' on The Cubicle website and see what it gives you.