• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which one is the best budget high-end 4x4 without considering their prices?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WCA
2023FUKU01
There wish Lin dropped a sub 4 U.
So meilong is gts2? Wow that feels silly for $10.

How hard is it, honestly, for me, a 13 yo boy, to magnetise a 4x4? It would be my first time magnetising a cube and I would like these factors: time, money, resources available, and where do I buy the magnets (Australia)?
It's easy to magnetize a Meilong yourself.

The best factory magnetic budget 4x4 is the Yuxin Little Magic but it's not fast.
As Tabe said, it is not hard to magnetize a 4x4.

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
Ok. Ugh. Now I'm back to the start again!! These conversations seem to go around forever. Two days time for us to all discuss this before I make my final decision!
True. That’s the case when speculations are around a new cube. @Fukuoka Kengo James , do you know Moyu have posts about Meilong 4x4 M on any of their social media? I can’t seem to access some.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I used this guide:

But I have to add that I did take the 4x4x4 apart completely, also because I wanted to experience this and lube it and such. It took me over an hour to put the whole thing back together. To make it easier on yourself, I recommend putting tape on the centers to keep them in place and only take out edges and corners, like this. Credits to my friend Niels for giving me this tip.

I recommend N35 4x2 for the outer layer and N35 4x1 for the inner layer.

1567067106516.png

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
I also asked MoYu directly if they are planning on making a MeiLong 4 M. So far all of this has been speculation. I personally doubt they are going to do it. Their flagship line is magnetic, and they of course prefer people to buy those if they want something magnetic.
Oh. I do think Meilong’s inner layer is better than anything out there.

WCA
2023FUKU01
I used this guide:

But I have to add that I did take the 4x4x4 apart completely, also because I wanted to experience this and lube it and such. It took me over an hour to put the whole thing back together. To make it easier on yourself, I recommend putting tape on the centers to keep them in place and only take out edges and corners, like this. Credits to my friend Niels for giving me this tip.

I recommend N35 4x2 for the outer layer and N35 4x1 for the inner layer.

View attachment 10731
Are the inner layer magnets noticeably stronger than the outer layer magnets?

Status
Not open for further replies.