• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which one is the best budget high-end 4x4 without considering their prices?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
What about speed? I have heard that it is a problem with some
The WuQue is very slow, for me this is a problem. It's also catchy and locky.

The MeiLong is fast. This is nice. It's not catchy or locky, but it really, really needs magnets to shine. Otherwise it's mediocre at best. Magnetizing isn't the easiest, because you have to glue the magnets in fairly close to the edge, but it's doable if you are careful and you use small amounts of glue.

What can I say? I love budget cubes and the MeiLong is fantastic. I personally think this is MoYu's way of testing out new designs before implementing them in their flagships. MeiLong 4 is 59 mm, Aosu WRM is 59. Coincidence? I think not.

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
What can I say? I love budget cubes and the MeiLong is fantastic. I personally think this is MoYu's way of testing out new designs before implementing them in their flagships. MeiLong 4 is 59 mm, Aosu WRM is 59. Coincidence? I think not.
Really good point! This explained why the Meilong 3x3,4x4,5x5 is so OP, why I think Meilong 4x4 is similar to Aosu GTS2M, and why you think Meilong 3x3 is an upgrade from Weilong WR M.

Hey guys, want to get a Aosu WR M with a couple bucks? Here you go!

p.s. Can I safely assume Meilong 5x5/2x2 is a simple version of Aochuang WR M and Weipo WR M?

Last edited:
WCA
2023FUKU01
The WuQue is very slow, for me this is a problem. It's also catchy and locky.

The MeiLong is fast. This is nice. It's not catchy or locky, but it really, really needs magnets to shine. Otherwise it's mediocre at best. Magnetizing isn't the easiest, because you have to glue the magnets in fairly close to the edge, but it's doable if you are careful and you use small amounts of glue.

Do you think the MoYu AoSu WR M will be an upgrade from the MoYu AoSu GTS 2 M?

Iwannaganx

There wish Lin dropped a sub 4 U.
So meilong is gts2? Wow that feels silly for $10.

How hard is it, honestly, for me, a 13 yo boy, to magnetise a 4x4? It would be my first time magnetising a cube and I would like these factors: time, money, resources available, and where do I buy the magnets (Australia)?

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
Status
Not open for further replies.