• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] "Bonjour" from London

Cristobal

Hello,
I am a Frenchman in his early 40's exiled in London, and I recently have rediscovered the Rubik's cube. As any kids in the 80's, I got one whose I barely manage to built one layer. So my first goal is just to solve the cube in a reasonable and shameless lapse of time ...

Otherwise, I am an architect, I like Umberto Eco's and Jorge Luis Borge's books (some sort of puzzle books), and have eclectic tastes in music from JS Bach to The Chemical Brothers. My favorite TV series is Breaking Bad...

At the moment I am watching a lot of videos on Youtube in order to comprehend the beginner's method and the Petrus one, while waiting for my cubes : two stickerless cubes by YJ, a Guanlong from Cubezz and a Yulong from Fasttech. I hope that by then I will have chosen the right method to start.

muchacho

WCA
2016ALAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Take a look at Roux also, it's fun and also can be fast (and with a "beginner Roux" you just need to learn 9 algs).

I also built just one layer in the 80's (and then didn't touch a cube until this year) :p

Welcome!

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,
I am a Frenchman in his early 40's exiled in London, and I recently have rediscovered the Rubik's cube. As any kids in the 80's, I got one whose I barely manage to built one layer. So my first goal is just to solve the cube in a reasonable and shameless lapse of time ...

Otherwise, I am an architect, I like Umberto Eco's and Jorge Luis Borge's books (some sort of puzzle books), and have eclectic tastes in music from JS Bach to The Chemical Brothers. My favorite TV series is Breaking Bad...

At the moment I am watching a lot of videos on Youtube in order to comprehend the beginner's method and the Petrus one, while waiting for my cubes : two stickerless cubes by YJ, a Guanlong from Cubezz and a Yulong from Fasttech. I hope that by then I will have chosen the right method to start.

Welcome sir :)
For learning the cube, I would suggest this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=609nhVzg-5Q
That video is easy to understand and he explains it well so you won't have too much problems with it. It is also fast and you will be able to solve in a minute very soon.
Hope you have a great time here :)

Cristobal

Welcome! We have meet ups in London every 3 weeks, it'll be great if you want to join us!

Hi, I've been on a website, UK association of cubing or something like it, and couldn't find a club near me (SW16/17/19). I would be glad to join as soon as I will get my cubes, could you PM me the details please or point me to a website?

Cristobal

Take a look at Roux also, it's fun and also can be fast (and with a "beginner Roux" you just need to learn 9 algs).

I also built just one layer in the 80's (and then didn't touch a cube until this year) :p

Welcome!

Welcome sir :)
For learning the cube, I would suggest this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=609nhVzg-5Q
That video is easy to understand and he explains it well so you won't have too much problems with it. It is also fast and you will be able to solve in a minute very soon.
Hope you have a great time here :)

Thanks, I've downloaded the videos of Badmephisto (beginner's method) and Deebub (beginner's Roux) from Youtube.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks, I've downloaded the videos of Badmephisto (beginner's method) and Deebub (beginner's Roux) from Youtube.
Hope you have a fun time learning :D Also badmephisto has a cheat sheet which will help. You should either get that on your phone or print it but the phone method is more eco friendly :)