• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Block Keeper: Cross platform desktop timer

Isaac VM

WCA
2016MUNO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just sharing a simple theme for the timer hehe. It would be great to have an option for saving custom themes too.

Background: #000000
Timer text: #2f9be2
Scramble text: #2f9be2
Base : #000000
Border: #2f9be2
Text: #dde2dc
Captura de pantalla 2017-03-10 a la(s) 13.28.27 (2).png

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
I adjusted your colours to be brighter and added some more colours along the same lines. I don't know if it might be a bit too bright or overpowering though.
Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 9.23.53 am.png Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 9.23.27 am.png Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 9.22.41 am.png Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 9.23.40 am.png

Isaac VM

WCA
2016MUNO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, I like those themes! I think there wont be problem with the brightness, at least for me hehe.

I've recently noticed that when the timer is open I can't use other softwares commands, for example, if I am in safari I can't use cmd + T to open another tab and if I change to the timer, the add time manually window has opened or if I'm in finder and I want to delete a file using cmd + backspace, the file doesn't delete, but instead the last time in the timer has been deleted.

Everything else is working perfectly!

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
Wow, I like those themes! I think there wont be problem with the brightness, at least for me hehe.

I've recently noticed that when the timer is open I can't use other softwares commands, for example, if I am in safari I can't use cmd + T to open another tab and if I change to the timer, the add time manually window has opened or if I'm in finder and I want to delete a file using cmd + backspace, the file doesn't delete, but instead the last time in the timer has been deleted.

Everything else is working perfectly!
Thanks! I've noticed that too. I need to investigate why it is doing that. It could be my fault or Electron's (the underlying app platform). I'm going to try and resolve it in the next couple of days.

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
Hey, I just pulled up my timer and all of my solves are gone.
Uh oh! Did you force quit or close Block Keeper in an unusual way? I'd like to know so I can investigate the reason behind this and resolve the issue. If you have any details of the session before and when you started that would be very useful. Did you keep a backup of your system files? (e.g Time Machine on Mac)

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
No, I just closed out of it normally last night.
Sorry this is effecting you. This issue only occurs VERY rarely. I haven't seen it in a long time and I thought I resolved it. Due to this rarity, I haven't figured out what causes it. Is data not being saved correctly or being interrupted? Is it not loading right? That's why any information relating to it is important. Did you rename any sessions for example and what to? It all helps.

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
I did rename a couple of them, but everything is just gone. I didn't see any problems previously.
The issue only comes when you start the timer again, because it tries to load your sessions, but if it can't, then it goes back to default. What did you name the sessions to? Any symbol characters? Like !@$%()*\|/ etc.

Elf

WCA
2013FISC01
First of all, I really like the timer, you did a great job DalDal.
I´m probably going to wait some more time, until the timer is even more developed and then use it as my main timer :).
I also have 2 small problems with the layout:
1. The screen of my laptop is very small, and when I do events with bigger scrambles, e.g. Megaminx, 5-7, I can only see parts of the scramble and I don´t want to scramble the first half, scroll down and scramble again.
2. It would be great if the list of times would automatically scroll down to the last solve, just like cstimer, because I want to see immediately what new average I just got and compare it to the previoius ones (at least sometimes)

WCA
2014GROV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been using this timer for a while and I love it.

I just wanted to know if you can get a look at your session/ao5/ao12 and copy and paste it like cstimer? Couldn't find it anywhere and if its not possible rn, I'd be really happy if you could add that :p