• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Block Keeper: Cross platform desktop timer

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
Block Keeper 0.4.0 is now available!

- ADDED more themes
- ADDED custom theme allowing colors to be set in preferences
- ADDED Stackmat timer support
- ADDED shadows to UI elements to add clarity
- CHANGED default theme slightly

I would love to add more themes with creative colors, but I'm not a designer.

If you have a cool theme (unique or inspired) you'd like to see included with Block Keeper, post your theme with the relevant hex colors or email it to me at [email protected]. You will be accredited in all future versions.

The development process is wrapping up and I hope to release Block Keeper 1.0 soon which will include the source code on GitHub. If you want to see ANY features in Block Keeper, please let me know.

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
Just downloaded v.0.4 and it appears to not have some of the features .... Scramble image, stats, graphs, video recording ... weird ... Also I only see 2 themes, dark and light.

No options in settings to change much besides timer options.

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
Just downloaded v.0.4 and it appears to not have some of the features .... Scramble image, stats, graphs, video recording ... weird ... Also I only see 2 themes, dark and light.

No options in settings to change much besides timer options.

Very weird, what version does it say in settings? Really sorry about this. I could have uploaded the wrong version by accident. Also what OS are you using?

DELToS

One question about this, how would I update Block Keeper after I've downloaded it? Would all the solves stay? Also, when do you think it'll switch to using random state scrambles? Thanks! :D

Last edited:

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
One question about this, how would I update Block Keeper after I've downloaded it? Would all the solves stay? Also, when do you think it'll switch to using random state scrambles? Thanks! :D
Just re-download it form dallasmcneil.com/projects/blockkeeper. All your solves are stored separately so they will stay. Also in 0.3.0, I switched it to random state scrambles, so they are already implemented.

DELToS

Just re-download it form dallasmcneil.com/projects/blockkeeper. All your solves are stored separately so they will stay. Also in 0.3.0, I switched it to random state scrambles, so they are already implemented.
Oh, thanks! One last thing, I'm getting an error with trying to open the zip file from the mac download, do you know how I can fix this? (I do have a downloads folder, and if I try to do it on my desktop it says the same thing about that):

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 7

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
Did the download finish completely? (Should be about 44MB as a .zip) Otherwise try re-downloading. If it's still not working, I'll try re-uploading it again. Hope that works :)

Elo13

WCA
2016ELOV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the idea of the split timer controls, but I can't use them because on the Finnish keyboard a slash is made with Shift+7. It would be great if we could choose the buttons for the split controls.

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
I like the idea of the split timer controls, but I can't use them because on the Finnish keyboard a slash is made with Shift+7. It would be great if we could choose the buttons for the split controls.
Great point. It would be valuable to be able to remap the keys to something else, maybe more comfortable or functional for different keyboards. I'll take a look at that for the next release.

DELToS

I have some more feedback (I hope I'm not being annoying !), the WCA Inspection doesn't seem to be working on my mac. when I stop the timer it starts the inspection again, and even when I turn it off it isn't saving any of my times :/

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
I have some more feedback (I hope I'm not being annoying !), the WCA Inspection doesn't seem to be working on my mac. when I stop the timer it starts the inspection again, and even when I turn it off it isn't saving any of my times :/

Your not annoying at all, I really value your help. Try restarting Block Keeper, if the issue persists let me know. Sometimes inspection starts if you stop the timer with another key (like c or v) and then hit the space bar a split second later, because technically the timer is ready again and you just hit space to use it. If the times are still not being added let me know. I need to add a lot of security in the next version to prevent bugs like this happening.

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
i can't change split timer controls
Do you mean "Use split timer controls" or "change the keys that control split timer controls" If you have the use split timer controls options on in preferences then everything should be fine. Try restarting Block Keeper if you can't start the timer. If you mean change the keys that control them, that isn't available yet but will be in the next release. Hope this helps