• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blindfold memorization help please

Simboubou

WCA
2007BOUR01
Images definitely work best when they are yours. If you REALLY can't find any, then maybe that memo-method isn't the one that suits you...

I am really not sure that letter pairs can be usefull for single blind. But that is a debate deserving its own thread.

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
Just create your own images.

example: the orange-green edge
Think of orange-green stuff in which one of the colors is dominant

Orange sticker = carrot mostly orange, little green at top
Green sticker = parrot green bird, orange beak
etc

Very easy to translate the images to pieces but you get a very long story to memorize>
With letter-pairs you cut the length of the story in half (or even more when you add some freestyling with auditory memory)

May I suggest you browse through the thread on memory methods?

wontolla

WCA
2011GRAJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To make your own list, go to Google images and enter the two colours folowing by a concept.

For example, if you are into comics, enter "red blue comics" and pick one image that you recognize, for example spiderman.

The problem with using other people's list is that you won't recognize some words (I certanly can't place those Pokemon characters).

Hi,
i am learning M2/R2 and i can do it fluently. however using Stefan Pochmann's site, he mentions he uses mental images. one of those was donald duck for blue/white. but i find it very hard to create my own pictures. could anyone give me a full list of images please? and if they are from a show or a special place where you dont see it often, please tell me where iti is from so i can see it using google!

Best regards

victor

Seriously man. I HOPE you are joking. Put at least a bit effort in BLD by your own. You get methods for solving a rubiks cube blindfolded in the internet as you know. The ONLY thing you have to do by yourself is finding some stupid images. I invented a list of almost 1000 images for my a+b=c image list. THAT was hard. YOU will find those 43 images by your own. And yes, its more helpfull if you create them by your own.
Good luck.

Dennis

Last edited:

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I highly recommend that you give each sticker on your cube a letter and avoid using images based on the colour of the pieces. I found that method very slow when I first started BLD cubing and I improved a lot when I switched to using letters.

It should also be much easier to choose your own images using single letters, rather than 2 colours.

huytton

I guess the fastest BLD "method" is freestyle. But M2/R2 is very close. At least if you count the number of movements in Stefan example and compare them to Alejandro's WR solve.

Zhuang used freestyle for the 32.27 world record.
See reconstruction: http://archive.garron.us/solves/2010/zhuang_32_27_BLD.htm

Alejandro used freestyle for the 30.90 world record.
See reconstruction: http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?26061-NEW-WR-BLD-3X3-30.90&p=500649#post500649

Frestyle means that you don't really follow a predetermined method, you mainly use commutators to solve 2 cubies at the time (and the third cubie could end up in your buffer, although the buffer can change).

I suggest you keep working on the M2/old pochmann for now. But eventually you will want to move to M2/R2 because old pochmann is slow in terms of number of movements (it takes a hole PLL to solve just one cubie). Whereas M2/R2 the "algorithm" is a simple M2 or R2 turn.

In the meantime, if you plan to go freestyle, you can learn how to think of commutators for each situation. For corners there are like 378 cases but more than a half of them are the simplest kind of commutator. Here is a useful tutorial: http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?12268-BH-Tutorial

Has anyone been able to do a reconstruction of one of Shivam Bansal's BLD solves? I think he uses freestyle as well.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel