• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Big Apple Cube Clash 2016

bigbee99

WCA
2010ZHAO19
YouTube
Visit Channel
Get ready for the Big Apple Cube Clash 2016!! The event list will be 2-5, 7, OH, BLD and Clock. The competition will take place in Astoria, NY at St. John's Prep School Cafeteria on February 27th. Competitors will register and pay online. The competitor limit is 140. The cutoffs might change depending on what happens the day of. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in this thread or e-mail me from the contact tab on the cubingusa page. Everyone should come to this competition!!!

Last edited:

HowSuneIsNow

WCA
2009DAVI03
I'm very excited to see you guys there. My 5x5 times have gotten much better and I'm looking forward to putting in a official time. the other day I got a 2:01.75. Maybe I'll get to the second round for the first time.

Does anyone know if there will be a chance to do a 5x5 average or just singles?

HowSuneIsNow

WCA
2009DAVI03
If you can solve the cube under the cut off time (probably 2:00-2:30) in your first 2 solves then you'll be able to complete your average

Thanks. If I can shave a little time off my solves I will be able to average in that range. Do I only need to do one solve under the cutoff or average under the cutoff?