• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

BH algs from ULB buffer

DYGH.Tjen

WCA
2012TJEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Aron, you mean you're generating algs for UFR buffer? For what purpose exactly? When do you decide to use UBR and when to use UFR, how do you spot the parity or whatever you have to do? anyway, I know many of you dread this question, but which is the faster buffer? :). Does it give you any special advantage, using UFR? Thanks!

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think he said he was going to use UFR whenever UBR was solved.

Just curious... Why did you choose URF as your second buffer and not ULB? It would be easy to reflect a lot of your algs across L/R, no? Although parity is nicer from URF.
And is it not easy to reflect across F/B? If his algs are made to be fast for right-handers it is better to mirror across F/B and retain the right hand dominance.

Last edited:

aronpm

Aron, you mean you're generating algs for UFR buffer? For what purpose exactly? When do you decide to use UBR and when to use UFR, how do you spot the parity or whatever you have to do? anyway, I know many of you dread this question, but which is the faster buffer? :). Does it give you any special advantage, using UFR? Thanks!
I decided I won't be using URF, I'll learn ULB instead, but I will still finish writing algorithms for URF first.

I'll probably only use a different buffer when UBR is solved in the scramble, so parity is the same as before.

I don't think any buffer is faster than others, I think they can all be good.

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And is it not easy to reflect across F/B? If his algs are made to be fast for right-handers it is better to mirror across F/B and retain the right hand dominance.
I suppose that's true, if you really prefer R moves to L moves, but most comms are either RUL (pretty much the same number of R and L moves in the reflections) or RUD/LUD. For the LUD cases, you'd just do y turns on about the same number of cases to make them RUD (just different ones).

Also, any algs that use F moves would be considerably worse if reflected across F/B. We were also talking on IRC and the system he's working toward for solving parity would be a little easier if he uses ULB as his second buffer, since all the setups would be reflections, which is not the case for using URF in combination with DF edge buffer.