• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best BLD Method?

I have been cubing since 1 year and I average around sub 25.

I started learning to solve the cube blindfolded and I tried the Pochmann Method. But the move count was really high as I had to perform the PLLs over and over again. Is there any method that is as easy to understand as Pochmann and has easy setup moves. Because the setup moves for M2 or even TuRBo edges is very hard to understand. Also, what is a good memorization method ?

And help is appreciated.

PianoCube

If you want to learn bld, then you should start with old pochman, as it's the easiest method to understan. To get a lower move count, you'll need a more effective method, which is more difficult to understand and learn.

AlexByard

YouTube
Visit Channel
I use Pochmann and M2 and to be honest, they are actually very good. Regarding the set up moves for M2, they will just come with time, it will get easier and i easier (I used to easily forget what i had done, but now it's just second nature). Old pochmann may have alot of move count but you can still execute in 20-30 seconds, and memo it about 20 (Atleast thats what i do for corners).

Regarding memo, For corners i have assigned people and places to to each 'spot' on a corner, and each corner it's self has a category. And for Edges i use the alphabet (but not speffs layout, my own) and i remember groups 4 letters and turn them into sound.

brandbest1

WCA
2011LINB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Corners: Pochmann is pretty good if you just want to know how to blindsolve. If you really want to get fast, BH or 3-style commutators is a good method. However, there are very few resources for these, you can try Brian Yu's (bldmaster) tutorial:http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?12268-BH-Tutorial

Edges: M2 shouldn't be too hard to understand, just when you make your setup moves, don't change the position the M-layer. Eric Limback's tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_iHsQ045EM&feature=plcp

Memory: Letter Pairs, audio loop, or visual. The above post should get you started.

HEART

WCA
2009DAVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
BH. BH is for edges and corners, but it's VERY hard to grasp. I"m assuming you mean the fastest when you say "best". Best for a beginner is pochman though.
BH is pure commutators, and you pretty much make up your own algorithms.

Pochman/M2 is a good combo for intermediate BLD solvers, it's what I use. Zane has a great tutorial on youtube for M2, and for pochman. Linky to his channel