• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Beginner misconceptions

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was convinced that once I got to sub-12 I would be happy to stop practicing 3x3 and move on to other events... little did I know, to continue to progress on 4x4 I needed sub-9 3x3 stage... ug
When I started, I said I'd probably stop at sub-30. When I got close, I said sub-20. Then sub-15. Now I'm trying to get sub-12 by the end of this year, and I don't think I'm going to stop.

DAoliHVAR

i thought you had to learn full oll and pll for sub 20
thought there never would be a better cube than a zhan chi
my main's a yj sulong now.
is the chilong worth getting?
i heard its like the sulong but a bit faster

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
I used to think my goal was to get sub 20 and then maybe let school take over again. Then I said sub 15. Now I'm saying I need a WR hahahahaha

I think my biggest preconception was that I would be satisfied when I achieved my goal... which was a sub-30 single. Now a sub-10 single isn't a million miles away, and even then I don't think I'll be 'satisfied'. Funny thing, cubing!

BoBoGuy

I thought vaseline was a good lubricant.
And also, I thought v-cubes were the best brand.
How wrong I was...

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's something a little different:
I thought the video section on this site was for projects and ideas involving cubes (because I saw something of the sort when I first found this place), as I don't think I really knew about recording and posting averages all the time.

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think my biggest preconception was that I would be satisfied when I achieved my goal... which was a sub-30 single. Now a sub-10 single isn't a million miles away, and even then I don't think I'll be 'satisfied'. Funny thing, cubing!

:) I got a sub-10 single. Fail handscramble.

I used to think Mr. Petrus still held the 3x3 WR.