• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Atlanta Competition

GrantCube

I would like to get a competition started in Atlanta Georgia. Atlanta is a great hub in the south east of the US with many great venues and hotels. i work in the event industry during the day so im very familiar with atlanta and the surrounding area. The southeast needs some more competitions, official or not, to keep cubing alive in the south.

If anyone is willing to help with advise id love to chat and see what we can come up with
I'd like to at least get some get togethers started and maybe even some officials comps.

I'm willing to do all the work necessary to get a comp started. Any advise and hands are welcome.

I am aware of the current state of the world. and with that things may have to be a little different or pushed to a later date.

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Contacting the local delegate is the first step. However, I think it is wiser to wait until later when it is safe to have competitions.
Also, there seemed to be quite a few comps in the Atlanta area last year. I know there haven't been very many comps in the Atlanta area this year, but that's because there haven't been very many comps at all this year.

GrantCube

Contacting the local delegate is the first step. However, I think it is wiser to wait until later when it is safe to have competitions.
Also, there seemed to be quite a few comps in the Atlanta area last year. I know there haven't been very many comps in the Atlanta area this year, but that's because there haven't been very many comps at all this year.
Thank you for the info. your right, looking back at last year, there is a good amount of events in the southeast. ill contact some people and see if i can make that process a little easier, and be a part of making sure they keep coming back. happy cubing

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would like to get a competition started in Atlanta Georgia. Atlanta is a great hub in the south east of the US with many great venues and hotels. i work in the event industry during the day so im very familiar with atlanta and the surrounding area. The southeast needs some more competitions, official or not, to keep cubing alive in the south.

If anyone is willing to help with advise id love to chat and see what we can come up with
I'd like to at least get some get togethers started and maybe even some officials comps.

I'm willing to do all the work necessary to get a comp started. Any advise and hands are welcome.

I am aware of the current state of the world. and with that things may have to be a little different or pushed to a later date.
That would be awesome if you got a comp started up!

I have no experience running comps so I won't be able to help you with that.

PS: If you do host a comp, please please please have Megaminx in it:)

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would totally come to your competition if it worked for me! BTW, two delegates in Georgia who were at nearly every competition I've been to are Jacob Ambrose and Katie Hull.

Also I would like to point out that almost every comp in the Atlanta was a Saturday only comp, and they went very well. I wouldn't be able to attend your comp if it's on a Sunday.

Last edited:

ducttapecuber

Premium Member
WCA
2014SHIE03
Hi-
Most Georgia competitions happen around Atlanta (within a 45 min drive from the city). There were 7 in 2019. Plus 2 FMC only competitions. The southeast had 28 competitions last year (plus 2 FMC comps). 7 in GA, 8 in NC, 3 in TN, and 10 in FL. I'd say we're doing a pretty good job having competitions in the southeast.
However, I am doubtful that there will be any kind of competition in the SE until 2021. Unfortunately many states in the SE have rising COVID-19 cases. Give the world some time to heal and I'm sure there will be plenty of competitions in GA and the SE again.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi-
Most Georgia competitions happen around Atlanta (within a 45 min drive from the city). There were 7 in 2019. Plus 2 FMC only competitions. The southeast had 28 competitions last year (plus 2 FMC comps). 7 in GA, 8 in NC, 3 in TN, and 10 in FL. I'd say we're doing a pretty good job having competitions in the southeast.
However, I am doubtful that there will be any kind of competition in the SE until 2021. Unfortunately many states in the SE have rising COVID-19 cases. Give the world some time to heal and I'm sure there will be plenty of competitions in GA and the SE again.
Wow TN needs more comps.

cuberkid10

WCA
2010HULL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As one of the delegates for Georgia, this is my sentiment.