• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Arnaud's 5x5x5 video tutorials

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

drkmagicard

will you create a video for edge pairing for intermediate, I really like that method and your tutorial but want to get faster

drkmagicard

darn im really looking for a great vid from you again. your keyhole explanation was great also... i really want to improve my 5x5 time. My fastest is 3:51 so far...
and do you still have that bld solve tutorial vid?

and then the text is kind of hard to follow i get confused

AvGalen

Premium Member
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I still have part of the blindfolded tutorial, but I will redo some parts to make them a lot more clear.

If you think the text is hard to understand, you can just ask me for some hints in that topic. Here is my first tip: Put stickers on the pieces at the beginning of the lines in a paragraph and number them 1, 2 (etc). That way you can see how they move more easily.

drkmagicard

sounds great, thanks soo much for the tutorials...
i remember last time you said you could burn them on a CD and give it to someone to upload...

Jilvin

Very nice tut. I already knew how to solve it but this is actually faster than my original method.

AvGalen

Premium Member
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The update is that I have no time. I moved from my old house to my new house the first weekend of october, budapest the next and Dutch Open the last weekend. During the week I have a lot of work to do (even during evening and night) so I don't have any time at all.

Starting wednesday-night I will have some time to work on the interior of my new house and next weekend I will have some free time for the first time in a month.

Don't expect any videos from me in the next two weeks. They will probably come before the UK Open though.

AvGalen

Premium Member
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why does everyone assume that I go to EVERY competition? :)

Well, I was planning to drive with Gilles and the Ooms family, but both cancelled. I also had some other things that really needed to get done so I decided to skip this competition. I will be there next year, don't worry. (I still have 3 competitions left this year: Dutch Nationals, Swedish Cube Day, Lyon Winter Open)

YouTube
Visit Channel
yeah arnaud i REALLY wanted an intermediate video on pairing up edges two at a time like you showed in your other video. cause i wanna improve on my speed and start getting some sub 2 times man. just update whenever you make it k man? thanks a LOT. u rock. :)

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can improve without having arnaud's video tutorials. He wrote the other tutorial that works, but it's all about practice. I mean look at Erik's times. They're completely insane. Just practice a bunch.

YouTube
Visit Channel
haha true. erik is quite insane at 5x5 now. man but yes it does take lots of practice but there are some weird cases that show up in that method that confuse me or i dont understand and i end up getting really slow times at the end because of it. so i need to learn HOW to exactly deal with those certain cases and the best way so i can understand it more. :) erik said he might be making 5x5 edges tutorial with arnauds system soon :)