• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Arnaud's 5x5x5 video tutorials

YouTube
Visit Channel
lol k man. ill wait till the next vid then. but okay mainly weird cases are when you go to pair the next edge up for semi pair and the Middle edge you need to get is already connected to the edge your going to slice back. like how the hell do you do that?? also cases like when the middle edges is somewhere weird like the BL edge group you can move that without screweing other edges up can you? basically the wieerd cases for me are just when edges are in a weird place or already connected to an edge you are going to slice back. thanks arnaud! :)

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
His written tutorial in this subforum takes care of those cases. I would suggest looking there first. He has examples of each method (beginner, intermediate, advanced) and it covers all the "weird" cases that come up all the time.

proph3T

So, why are there no "weird cases" like on the 4x4x4? why doesn't the 5x5x5 have them and why does the 4x4x4 have them?

My theory is that the center edge peices are the reason.

adragast

Thanks Arnaud for these vids ! I have read your text tutorial (until until intermediate) but I had never looked at your videos before. They are really great !

skinnyandweak

i want to learn your way of edge pairing, but i'm more of a visual learner, so can you make a video showing the advanced way of solving the edges on a 5x5? if not, then it's fine

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There are no algorithms... bigger cubes require intuition, not just applying blind algorithms. Try to sit and understand what's going on. You'll eventually figure it out, and adapt methods to your own style.

funcube44

Hi Arnaud van Galen,

I have seen your 5x5x5 beginner edge-pairing tutorial but I do not understand one part of it. When you find the edge pieces that need to go together you must then join them together but that messes up the edges. You then said in your video that you must find another edge piece and put it back or something.

Thats the part I don't understand but I hope you understood what I was talking about because its also hard for me to explain.
Thank you for your time and patience:):confused: