• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Announcing sundaycontest.com!

Should the Sunday Contest have a delete times option?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dbax0999

WCA
2009ADAM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi everyone!

Sorry for the delays with the prizes, we were told the codes were sent out today. Let us know if you still haven't received it in a few days.

Thanks for letting us know about the DNF bug, expect it to be fixed by next week.

As far as seeing results goes, you won't be able to see your submission until the contest has ended. We will look into creating a more detailed user profile with a comprehensive submission history.

- David

dbax0999

WCA
2009ADAM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm pretty sure that Skybeat and rishikisgreat123 might have cheated. They both have insane averages but have never competed. It's pretty suspicious if you ask me.

Hmm yes, we suspect both these users of cheating. We're holding out the prize and requesting video proof of his world-class speed.

Does anyone know either of these users from their local cubing scenes and can vouch for either of them?

- David

uyneb2000

WCA
2011YUBE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, this is starting to get increasingly irritating. Not only is Skybeat making outlandish 6x6 times, now a guy called Arjin submitted two averages through two emails, with one being sub-7 with a sub-5 single. His WCA profile shows he's not even sub-30. Is there any way to prevent cheating from occurring? It's a shame that people would do so much just for some store credit.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And while it's more believable that Dan Cano would get a 6.36 clock avg12, I'm still skeptical. Haven't seen a video from him in over a year, and this seems a out of the blue, especially given recent comp history.

XTowncuber

WCA
2010BRAD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think maybe the "rankings" should be based on best average as opposed to ELO or whatever. I haven't had an average over 9 seconds, yet I'm ranked behind some guy whose best average is 14....

penguinz7

WCA
2015RAME01
Should the Sunday Contest have a delete times option?

As many of you may know, the Sunday contests' timer doesn't have an option to delete your times. This can be quite annoying (and has been for tons of people) because I quite often get times that should be deleted, for example I'm so used to hitting space to start inspection, and then again to start the solve(prisma) I just do it on the timer by habit. The Sunday contests timer is automatically set to having no inspection time, which almost always messes my first solve up and makes me get several DNF's. (I'm not even sure the DNF bug has been fixed, I believe they still don't count as DNF's in the results page. The only reason I can see for not having that option is that people could just cheat and remove their worst times, but that make no sense because it's extremely easy for people to just cheat by entering low times on purpose.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As many of you may know, the Sunday contests' timer doesn't have an option to delete your times. This can be quite annoying (and has been for tons of people) because I quite often get times that should be deleted, for example I'm so used to hitting space to start inspection, and then again to start the solve(prisma) I just do it on the timer by habit. The Sunday contests timer is automatically set to having no inspection time, which almost always messes my first solve up and makes me get several DNF's. (I'm not even sure the DNF bug has been fixed, I believe they still don't count as DNF's in the results page. The only reason I can see for not having that option is that people could just cheat and remove their worst times, but that make no sense because it's extremely easy for people to just cheat by entering low times on purpose.

If that bothers you too much, stackmat the solves and do manual entry.

vcuber13

WCA
2009METH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Just turn on inspection?

penguinz7

WCA
2015RAME01
Time it on another timer, like qqTimer, then type it in.

I suppose that works.
vcuber13 said:
Just turn on inspection?
I always forget though. :p I also wanted to see a best single stat, to go along with the best average, but because of the timer, people are getting like 0.xx and whatever, and with the DNF option not working, people would have ridiculous singles..