• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

America, the promised land of speedcubing

WCA
2011MART05
well, recently I've made a world ranking for 3x3x3 single... I averaged the 4 best of each country... there is the result
world ranking.jpg

so, USA is in the first place, and also has the world record in single, and is the only country with 4 people sub 6
with my friends we used to talk that the first world of speedcubing was Europe and Asian South East (Korea, Thailand, Japan, and China) and the second world of speedcubing was North America...
I think that's no longer True...
I want to know about your forecast for the next World Championship (don't forget that the first world champion in the modern era of speedcubing was Dan Knights from the USA, back in 2003) , so in 2017, the world championship will return to USA?

for your answers, thanks
Greeting from chile

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
felik's is more like comfortable sub 7 averages i think. alexander lau is probably the best bet right now but he seems barely into cubing anymore.

Lucas Etter? i can see that guy getting noticeably faster seeing as he is still young (or atleast young looking, idk his actual age). 7.1x is a pretty respectable average too.

iirc, there was a point in time where alexander was gitting feliks gud. he took a clean sweep of the 3x3x3 UWRs in... damn, what year was that?

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lucas Etter? i can see that guy getting noticeably faster seeing as he is still young (or atleast young looking, idk his actual age). 7.1x is a pretty respectable average too.

iirc, there was a point in time where alexander was gitting feliks gud. he took a clean sweep of the 3x3x3 UWRs in... damn, what year was that?

oh yeah, i totally forgot he just got a 7.1 average. i guess he is the best bet of beating feliks in the future.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
With the rate at which young cubers improve it's far too hard to guess who will be up there in 2 years. Barring bad luck Feliks will be there but in any sport or activity it doesn't matter how high the bar is raised, people will catch up. 2 years is a very long time in cubing.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
felik's is more like comfortable sub 7 averages i think. alexander lau is probably the best bet right now but he seems barely into cubing anymore.

Yeah, Alex doesnt really practice anymore. Lucas however, practises, is young, and is american (perfect for the title of the thread). If we are talking about who has a chance of dethroning Feliks, there are 2 more people who could do it. I find it funny how no one has mentioned them yet: Mats and Bill.

inb4: Bill doesnt go :p

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
Yeah, Alex doesnt really practice anymore. Lucas however, practises, is young, and is american (perfect for the title of the thread). If we are talking about who has a chance of dethroning Feliks, there are 2 more people who could do it. I find it funny how no one has mentioned them yet: Mats and Bill.

inb4: Bill doesnt go :p

If you continue at the rate at which you are improving, you could potentially be a serious contender too.