• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

"All WCA Events Completion" Club

U

Underwatercuber

So with the addition of big bld means lots of people are discussing making a separate membership level for big bld means. Some are even suggesting more changes such as James molloys https://sam596.github.io/WCA-Stats/mollerzmembership/table.html.

What are your thoughts on this? I think requirements should stay the same but just throw bigbld means into the requirement for silver+

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the idea of different systems. These lists are all just for fun anyway, and having multiple systrms instead of a single one actually better justifies the WCA allowing the big BLD means, since doing so doesn't really affect anything official.

I like James Molloy's system; it seems like a good way to sort things out. But I also like this one - there's room for both.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
My first thought about the linked system above, which also applies to the current system, is that WRs, wins, championships, etc. are their own thing, why include them in this?

Bronze: singles in all events
Silver: singles in all events, plus averages in all events except blind and FMC
Gold: averages in all events
Rank within each status by sum-of-ranks rather than when it was achieved.

U

Underwatercuber

My first thought about the linked system above, which also applies to the current system, is that WRs, wins, championships, etc. are their own thing, why include them in this?

Bronze: singles in all events
Silver: singles in all events, plus averages in all events except blind and FMC
Gold: averages in all events
Rank within each status by sum-of-ranks rather than when it was achieved.
Currently I see it as a more completionist kind of achievement than an all-rounder thing. We already have SOR and Kinch for that so I think memberships should stay as a more completionist kind of thing.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Currently I see it as a more completionist kind of achievement than an all-rounder thing. We already have SOR and Kinch for that so I think memberships should stay as a more completionist kind of thing.
So . . . You agree with me about taking out the stuff about records and championships but think we should still rank by date achieved?

U

Underwatercuber

So . . . You agree with me about taking out the stuff about records and championships but think we should still rank by date achieved?
I think we should keep the records and championships, the current objective is to have a full profile after all. Ranking I don’t care about as much, like I said it’s more of a completionist thing in my eyes so it’s just a matter of finishing.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I think we should keep the records and championships, the current objective is to have a full profile after all. Ranking I don’t care about as much, like I said it’s more of a completionist thing in my eyes so it’s just a matter of finishing.
Fair enough, on the other hand records and championships are something really only available to people with natural talent. In my mind, all-events completion is a different achievement that ideally ought to be possible for somebody like me, who has very little natural talent but above average stubbornness.