• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Aachen Open 2011

Sebastien

Premium Member
WCA
2008AURO01
Mats had another sub10 average in the second round. There was a sub10 average in everyround this way!

Cornelius 7.52 was headlights+PLL-skip. The 18 was was a pop during a U-Perm started at like 8.50. Would have definately been a sub10 solve.

Raffael

WCA
2007ORTR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It was a truly amazing and awsome competition!

did you know..

..5x5bld german NR before friday was 53:10 by Sébastien, then Cornelius did a 31:49 on his second attempt and then Dennis arrives and does it in 19:29?
..Dennis was really happy and thought he had won the event with this time until we arrived at his house at midnight and checked the live-result-page? (epic facial expression: smile - click - look - jaw-drop :)
.."damn...wait, that's gotta be a mistake, Istvan isn't that fast..", goes and checks Istvan's WCA page, "hmm, it might just not be mistake...DAMN!!"
..Danish Dynamite Frank got on a bus, showed the driver a piece of paper with this information highlighted:
Aachen Open 2011
Ahornstraße 55
52074 Aachen

the bus-driver nods his head and says the place is on his route. Frank ends up in the Netherlands?
..the bus driver thought 'Aachen Open' actually is a place in the Netherlands?
..it only took me 2.5 years to go from unofficial sub-20avg to official sub-20avg?
..the mystery event was a speedcubing-quiz with 3 people that were picked randomly out of all competitors?
..and each one of them had to pick two team-mates?
..and Erik was picked and he chose Breandan as one of his team-mates?
..and some of the questions related to world records or world champions?

Joël

WCA
2004NOOR01
Hello everyone,

Yes, the competition was great! It was good to race and exchange tricks with cubers again. Kudos for all the organisers...

I also want to thank:

- Nora for judging my avg pb in the semifinals
- Sebastian for judging my avg pb in the finals
- Maria and Ton for supporting me during the competition, and letting me stay at their place
- Erik for inspiring me to start practising for the competition...
- Breandan for showing me an awesome oll trick
- Lars for being a great companion to share a room with

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
Lars,

could you please post scramble and your winning solution for FMC?
I really wanted to compete yesterday as it was one of few competitions with FMC on the same day as 3x3x3.
Should have been my first FMC competetion but unfortunately "non-cubing-life" got in between...