• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

A Quick Guide to WCA Skewb Notation

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Images could help. How come did the images in the 2010 regulations images removed when it come to the 2013 ones?
Most of the Regulations are text, so it was simpler to leave out the images in the new format.

The real answer, though: Because I haven't had time to put them back, and not enough people have asked for them to be put back. Translations and PDFs complicate things. If someone wants to take a stab at it, be my guest.

Lucas, is the scrambler random state?
Yes.

(I haven't poked into the code to verify yet, but Chen Shuang wrote it to be random-state, and I consider him to be trustworthy.)

siva.shanmukh

WCA
2008SHAN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It doesn't matter for the same reason that 2x2 scrambles don't include D, L, and B moves.
All states on skewb can be accounted for with R, U, L, and B turns since all axes of rotation are accounted for.

Does pyraminx need ULRB? I thought it is sufficient just to have just any three of them to generate all states. Please correct me if I am wrong.