• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

7x7x7 Help!

Siraj A.

WCA
2007ALIS01
Hey I need help with 7x7x7 centers. Can someone please give me the commutator for this picture. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 59

darkzelkova

I don't know the algorithm, but where did you get that cube?

EDIT: Oops thought it was a real cube sitting on a carpet for a second lol

Last edited:

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
umm... do niklas with the inner slices only...
for this specific case. Try r U' l2' U r' U' l2 U. That'll solve the 2 right hand centers. Try to figure out what they do. and then you just use set-ups to do the others.

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Basicly there is only one alg to three-cycle centres, no matter the size of the cube (bigger than 3x of course).

For a 4x4x4 (to simplyfi my descripton) it looks like this. One U centre at Fur and one F centre at Ubr. Do : r U' l' U r' U' l

Now, if you place the centres in a similair position on the 7x (in a line so the first slice affects them both) and does the similiar (more slices to choose from on a 7x than on a 4x) turns it will work fine.

Last edited:

Siraj A.

WCA
2007ALIS01
This is all I need. I can't seem to do the algorithm reversed (thanks for that video aznblur)

EDIT: I just solved it! It took 49:35.44 and 1111 moves!

Last edited:

tegalogic

Haha.... I remember the first time I solved it on the computer. I got stuck on the centers and spent like 2 hours trying to fix them myself. I've only moved up from 5x5x5 (and have only solved it 4 times) so I had no idea what I was doing. I learned for a tutorial from Emile Compion on YouTube.

Although I want to attempt to solve it again, I hate finding all of those pieces. A 20x20x20 solve is good enough for me :)

@Siraj: I believe they are now called V-CUBE(tm) http://v-cubes.com/

mrCage

I am sure I will be crazy if I try to solve a 7x7!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Don't think so, if you can solve a 4x4x4, then you can also solve a 7x7x7 or even a 777x777x777. It's the same thing just more turns.

Hi :) Well with cage it will be the same no matter the size, it's just same work on different orbitals - that's all.

With some reduction method like Ce3 i guess figuring out the centers stage may be quite a problem for some :-o

-Per

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am sure I will be crazy if I try to solve a 7x7!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Don't think so, if you can solve a 4x4x4, then you can also solve a 7x7x7 or even a 777x777x777. It's the same thing just more turns.

Hi :) Well with cage it will be the same no matter the size, it's just same work on different orbitals - that's all.

With some reduction method like Ce3 i guess figuring out the centers stage may be quite a problem for some :-o

-Per

I haven't noticed any diffrence when moving up in sizes using my method either, that is also direct solving = no reduction. I block up as many pieces possible for the last two centres (using a keyhole where I have no edges (U layer and FD) built yet) and then use commutators to solve the ones that are left after that, sometimes blocks of centres using commutators.

Last edited: