• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

6x6x6 edges only scrambler?

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
With cstimer, you can confirm that it is you and not the computer that is messing up the scrambles by pulling up the tool that draws the scrambles. :)

Edit: You can also decrease the scramble length, which will not give you as good a scramble, but at least might increase the likelihood you get the scramble right.

Last edited:

xyzzy

I am looking for a 6x6x6 edges only scrambler (preferably with a mobile version) that uses the same notation as the weekly competition, I tried the one on CS timer but find that either I or the computer often mess up scrambles.
If the problem is misscrambling, there's no workaround for this. You need to read and apply the scramble accurately if you want to use a computer-generated scramble. (Also, SiGN is easier on the eyes than the ALL CAPS old WCA notation, imo.)

An alternative is to do handscrambles. Stuff like (Rw U Rw' U Rw U2 Rw' U2)2 will mess up a whole bunch of edges at once; repeat this (and similar algs; come up with your own) a couple of times on different faces and you'll end up with an edge-only scramble.