• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

4x4 OLL Parity

F R (Rr) U2 (Rr)' U2 (Rr) B2 (Rr)2 U2 (Rr)’ U2 (Rr) U2 B2 (Rr)2 B2 R’ F’

This one sucks. There really aren't any good ones.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
From what Jason Baum told me, Kuti had an OLL parity alg that was faster than any other one out there, but wouldn't tell anyone.

Maybe it's the same as his blindfold method: he didn't have one.
Mátyás used a different OLL parity / 2-wing-swap alg with the same effect as the standard one.
I don't think it's really faster. But he always block-turns his slice moves, so its use as a 4x4x4 2-swap alg may have motivated that choice.
To show a little respect, I won't post the alg. Note, however, that Badie had posted it publicly.

Anyhow, dunno how to find a 3-flip alg simply. But I just found r U2' x r U2' r U2' r' U2 l U2' r' U2 r U2' r' U2 r' with ACube...

EDIT: Updated the URL on 2021-09-13. This was the original link.

Last edited:

cpt.Justice

WCA
2009HOVE01
Instead of flipping three edges, I usually flip the edge that is correctly oriented. Then I do one of the no-edges-correct OLL's. I find this easier because I execute the regular OLL-parity alg faster

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My OLL parity

r' U2 r U2 r' F2 r2 U2 r U2 r' U2 F2 r2 F2

I like it a lot. r can be executed like rR

I flip any edge except for the correctly oriented one. If you know all the OLLs, (I don't) There's no point flipping 3.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just realized that I can do this with a 1-move conjugate of my alg (kinda):
(r is single-slice here):

B' r U2' x rR U2' rR U2' (rR)' U2 lL U2' (rR)' U2 rR U2' (rR)' U2 r' B

Mirrored: F r' U2 x' (rR)' U2 (rR)' U2 rR U2 (lL)' U2 rR U2 (rR)' U2 rR U2 r F

From what Jason Baum told me, Kuti had an OLL parity alg that was faster than any other one out there, but wouldn't tell anyone.

Maybe it's the same as his blindfold method: he didn't have one.
Mátyás used a different OLL parity / 2-wing-swap alg with the same effect as the standard one.
I don't think it's really faster. But he always block-turns his slice moves, so its use as a 4x4x4 2-swap alg may have motivated that choice.
To show a little respect, I won't post the alg. Note, however, that Badie had posted it publicly.

Anyhow, dunno how to find a 3-flip alg simply. But I just found r U2' x r U2' r U2' r' U2 l U2' r' U2 r U2' r' U2 r' with ACube...

Anybody got more info on Kuti's parity alg?

FYI - here in this post is Lucas's excellent find of LucasParity™

reThinker

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I can't find where else I saw it, but it's been long enough that I don't have any qualms about posting Kuti's parity alg.
I reconstructed it from a 4BLD video, and I also seem to recall him using it in a speedsolve (not sure at all).

r' U2 l F2 l' F2 r2 U2 r U2 r' U2 x U2 r2 U2 x'

It's lucasparity. Lowercase. ;)

EDIT: By the way, in case no one else notices: It's the same alg as fanwuq posted up there. But it's still significant that this is the alg and execution Kuti used.

Last edited:

Zava

WCA
2007BERN01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I can't find where else I saw it, but it's been long enough that I don't have any qualms about posting Kuti's parity alg.
I reconstructed it from a 4BLD video, and I also seem to recall him using it in a speedsolve (not sure at all).

r' U2 l F2 l' F2 r2 U2 r U2 r' U2 x U2 r2 U2 x'

It's lucasparity. Lowercase. ;)

EDIT: By the way, in case no one else notices: It's the same alg as fanwuq posted up there. But it's still significant that this is the alg and execution Kuti used.

yeah, that's the one he used. most hungarians use this, as this is up on the hungarian site.