• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice tutorial, but, you don't need both A-perms for 4LLL. Just one will do, to swap the corners opposite the headlights. So 16 algs not 17! :)

Yes; you are correct. However, if the one you don't know came up, you would have to do the other A-perm and then the H-perm instead of one alg. I think it's better to know both of them early on; so I have them both listed. They are also mirrors, so it's easy to learn both.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes; you are correct. However, if the one you don't know came up, you would have to do the other A-perm and then the H-perm instead of one alg. I think it's better to know both of them early on; so I have them both listed. They are also mirrors, so it's easy to learn both.
Well, that's 3-look. It's like saying it's better to know T perm as well, otherwise you have to do a Z after your A. The whole point of 4LLL is to minimize the number of algs. Maybe you could tell people the second one isn't really needed but just a bonus?

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, that's 3-look. It's like saying it's better to know T perm as well, otherwise you have to do a Z after your A. The whole point of 4LLL is to minimize the number of algs. Maybe you could tell people the second one isn't really needed but just a bonus?

If it's a mirror, you might as well learn it.