• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3 Cube times

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone...I have been cubing for about 3-4 months and I average 28 seconds on a 3x3 cube. My best time is 21 seconds. I use a stickerless Zhanchi that I modded and lubed with 30k diff oil. Do you think these are good times, and do you know any ways to get faster. I use CFOP. With advanced cross, intuitive f2l, 2 look oll, and my own version of pll ( not full pll ). Do you think I should learn full PLL? Have a great day!!

Mason

Ralinda4

I was about the same times, if not a little slower, in that time-frame. I'd recommend learning full PLL, and then OLL when you feel comfortable. I'm averaging 21 seconds now having cubed for about 6.5 months and I'm going to start learning full OLL any day now.

YouTube
Visit Channel
BTW, I am only twelve...think i am doing pretty good. The only else who can do it in my school averages 2 min. Wish in knew more people in real life that cubed. No comps near where I live in the past 2 years.

kbh

WCA
2012HAAK01
Yeah, that are pretty good times. I was a little bit faster, but I already knew full PLL at that stage, so I do recommend you to learn full PLL. Then, I think your times may drop to about 20-23 seconds. But never forget: Keep practicing

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for all the help...any tips for learning full pll...I do more than a thousand solves per day...but every few days I don't practice because of school. Since I am off school now...I practice TONS. Thanks again.

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
LOL...should I slow down!!! Or is that a good thing.

Of course it's a good thing. Go do the 10000 solve monthly challenge.

I am one of two who have completed it, tho qqwref hasn't updated the results list I don't think. I went from averaging like 9.5 to 8.5.

EDIT: I just read the thread again. Over 1000 solves a day? WAT. You're crazy. You can complete that in a week and a bit ^.

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the feedback...I am trying to get faster...any tips for improving f2l...takes about 18 seconds for cross+f2l.

I usually practice about 2 hours per day...constant solves...total.

(I love using ...)

Last edited:

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Turn slow. Plan cross in inspection, track first pair during cross, track second pair as you execute the first pair etc....

And practise with a metronome. May help may not.

Ninja Storm

WCA
2012ELLI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You seem fine for how long you've been cubing. After two months of cubing, I was around 22, but that's with four hours of practice a day(plus having a sub-13 friend helped a lot). Just keep practicing consistently, and try and sit down and do an average of 100 each week. Learn full PLL, and have less transition time between each of the seven looks of the cube.

WCA
2012ROCK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is kinda weird. I started cubing at 12 and 3 months in I average 25. Also there is one person in my school that did average 2 minutes but now a minute. But with me it my last layer that holds me back. I know full PLL and it take me about 9 seconds to do my last layer. So time just your last layer a few times. It should be 2 to 1. CF to OP. 14 sec for CF and 9 seconds for OP for me. but it should be 14 to 7 for me.

Ralinda4

Thanks for all the help...any tips for learning full pll...I do more than a thousand solves per day...but every few days I don't practice because of school. Since I am off school now...I practice TONS. Thanks again.

1000 solves a day at 30 seconds average is 81 hours of pure cubing. x1.5 because scrambling takes a while (if you use provided scrambles)...