• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2x2x2 WR average

kubesolver

Premium Member
I think it's big distinction if you mean ao5 WR or global average.
I think it's definitely possible that someone will get sub-1 ao5.

Waffles

Well given that some EG algs are extremely not optimal it would take quite a bit of luck to get the 10~ algorithms that are actually decent - 4 times in a row.

Also you would have to have reasonable first layer cases. So I doubt it’s gonna happen any time soon but maybe in 5 years

Legomanz

WCA
2018KHAN28
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well given that some EG algs are extremely not optimal it would take quite a bit of luck to get the 10~ algorithms that are actually decent - 4 times in a row.

I don't think this is true. If the first solution I check gives a bad EG case, I would definitely look at other solutions. This might involve a different way of making a layer/face that gives a better case or has a nice cancellation, or I try looking at a completely different color.

Fundamentally, I think that all 2x2 scrambles have sub-1 potential.

There are several people who are capable of getting sub-1 averages relatively frequently, so it would not be too surprising to see one officially in the not-too-distant future.

Zayn Khanani is sub-1 on 2x2
Zayn isn't sub 1 lol. He averages 1 flat ig.
I wish I averaged sub-1 globally, lol. Currently, I would say my global is somewhere around 1.2.