• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2x2 Ortega method tutorial and how to get faster!

Fawn

Some critique:
You spent the first 45 seconds talking about the channel itself, and when you were done, it sounded like you didn't know what to talk about. To be honest, you didn't sound entirely prepared to make this. I'm not saying that everyone should have a script, but there were a lot of "uh, yeah," moments. In the long run, despite sounding like that, you still explained how the Ortega method works. After all, that is the point of the video.

I hope I don't come across as a jerk.

AlexCube

WCA
2014HEIK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Some critique:
You spent the first 45 seconds talking about the channel itself, and when you were done, it sounded like you didn't know what to talk about. To be honest, you didn't sound entirely prepared to make this. I'm not saying that everyone should have a script, but there were a lot of "uh, yeah," moments. In the long run, despite sounding like that, you still explained how the Ortega method works. After all, that is the point of the video.

I hope I don't come across as a jerk.

Yeah I see but you know, I'm 12 years old from Finland so it's sometimes hard to find the right words :)

Fawn

That's understandable. To be fair, I'm terrible with words, unless written.

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah I see but you know, I'm 12 years old from Finland so it's sometimes hard to find the right words :)

I think a lot of the best younger youtubers use a scripts because it keeps them on track. The older ones tend to be better with working without a script, because public speaking is a skill you acquire as you get older, and you are forced to do it in high school and college. I don't mean that as an insult, but just a fact of life. Maybe consider scripting next time. Film your audio and video separately, and edit them together. This will give your videos a much more professional feel.