• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

27 hours

immortalcube

LOL It was a misspelling of a misspelling, a continuance on your mocking! Sorry if that was a little too subtle. (and yes, English is my first language. Can't you tell by my immaculate spelling and my eclectic vocabulary? ;) )
and wow immortal you're really good on picking up sarcasm and mocking-ness.
That's a little bit ironic, because I am the most sarcastic person I know.

hawkmp4

I didn't know, I didn't want to assume either way. I just know there's a lot of non-English speakers here, at least as their first language. But I think its really cool.
As for sarcasm, I'm fluent :)

Smartyy

"That's a little bit ironic, because I amt he most sarcastic person I know."

or was that sarcasm in itself?
Or was I being sarcastic about you being sarcastic?
*head 'splode*

And Nuber Cuber... wtf?
what's is crits you for 9001?

and immortal cube, no. your vocabulary sucks.
I bet you couldn't tell me (without looking it up) what Antidisestablishmentarianism is.
(wow I actually spelled it right without even trying!)
or what Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is.

OR
what does uhm.. well... idk.

ductape98

I would suggest, since you have such a long drive:
print off guides on how to do BLD, and other methods like Petrus, Roux, Keyhole, and if you want all 57 OLL and the whatever PLL or whatever..
Work on all that and you should be amazing.

Lol 27 hours.. geez where ya headed?
We are going in a long trip to three different places on a zig zag then a 12 hour drive all the way back in a strait line.

ShadenSmith

WCA
2008SMIT01
"That's a little bit ironic, because I amt he most sarcastic person I know."

*head 'splode*

And Nuber Cuber... wtf?
what's is crits you for 9001?

and immortal cube, no. your vocabulary sucks.
I bet you couldn't tell me (without looking it up) what Antidisestablishmentarianism is.
(wow I actually spelled it right without even trying!)
or what Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is.

OR
what does uhm.. well... idk.

I can tell you that there's more to vocabulary than just large words.

Smartyy

well I somehow I kenw you'd say that.
Well I also have quite an expanded vocabulary, I have numerous words at my disposal. But I'm better at spelling.

But let me re-word my previous post.

"Immortal cube: wow.. anyone can use a freakin' thesaurus."

Also, studies have shown that people who learn English as a second language speak it better than native englihs speakers because they leran how to speak it properly and have better and correct grammar usage.. unlike most of america's hicks "I dun't want nun potater's on my dag dinner plate. And I ain't gonna get nun desert, neither." or even the infamous boston accent "Yous some wise guyses huh?"

Last edited:

ductape98

i imagine i will get sub 40 in the first ten hours or so
It took me 2-3 weeks to get a sub minute with a keyhole method. Your average is 4 minutes and you're expecting to be sub 40.......within 10 hours time!?! *excuse me while I laugh*
I went on a 8 hour car ride about 3 weeks ago. I could only stand to cube for maybe 2.5 hours of that time, and that was heavily broken up by a lot of reading. Do you really expect to be cubing or crunching algs the entire time you're in the car?
Do me one favor. After the first 10 hours, take an A5, and post the times here during the "few days" you will have to spend on the internet. I would be most interested to see your results. (I'm being serious about this.)
Also, the fact that you have around 50 smilies in your post makes me doubt that your older than 7 or 8. Smilies are meant to help readers of your post determine the way you write something, like to help them know if you were joking or serious when you said something. And put some freakin punctuation in there somewhere, please? How you write something largely determines peoples reaction to your post.
Ok i just changed it to hopefully get more help and less *****ing. But i'll follow you up on that, I also have a book to read so there will be some of that in there.

immortalcube

oooooh Antidisestablishmentarianism "9th grade spelling for a thousand Alex!"
Antidisestablishmentarianism originated as a political name for the people who were against disestablishmentarianism, which was basically removing the Church of England from its role as the state church. It's used more now as opposition to the belief that there shouldn't be an official church in a country, also used to **** off people who don't like long words!

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words, ironically. Note the roots hippopotamus and monster. Thank you, thank you, you're too kind.

Those aren't really hard words though, just long ones.

*head 'splode*
I was being serious

EDIT: sorry, was watching TV, and had this post sitting here for a bit and missed those previous 3 posts.
I'm vaguely offended by that, as I did not use a thesaurus. They're not words I would use in everyday speech though. 9th grade vocab. Learn it.

Last edited:

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
[...]All any won ever says is practice[...]
Pro-tip: Running your post through a computer spell check doesn't count as fixing all your spelling.

Your post was basically you describing what you're planning to do on your insanely long road trip. People replied telling you that cramming algs won't magically make you faster, and that mental and physical fatigue will probably limit the amount of cubing you actually do. I'm sorry if that wasn't the kind of advice you wanted to hear, but that's the truth, and you can't say they weren't helpful.

However, I don't think many of us have had experience that is comparable to yours. My solve times improved over periods of weeks and months, not days. As such, I am also kind of curious as to what kind of progress you can achieve when you're stuck in a car for hours with nothing to do but cube.

ductape98

Thanks for finally giving some good advice. And i guess the reason that thats all the advice you ever get is cause thats all you got to do. and just as a reminder my solve time recored is 2 min. 23 sec. Not 4 min. so I'm not trying to jump down like two min thirty seconds more like thirty seconds. but thanks i'll tell you guys how much cube ing i can possibly do in seven hours strait.

mrbiggs

First, a storebought rubik's cube is great if you lube it and break it in. Mine is better than my type F and 3rd style type A, for example, and I get almost the exact same times as with my best cube. (PLL is a bit slower is the main difference).

There are youtube videos for methods on both lubing it and breaking it in. However, I can almost promise you that that's not what's slowing you down. If you did smooth turns, even if they're slow, you would be able to get under a minute. After you lube it, you can get very low.

Second, people are right that first you're not going to be able to cube for ten hours straight, and second that doing so won't improve your times all that much. Practice is crucial, but remember that rest is too!

Third, these arguments about vocabulary and sarcasm are comically stupid. Like you're going to prove to anyone how big your vocabulary is by posting a word on the internet? Or by correctly deciphering it? Not only does no one else care, but a dictionary is a click away so you're not proving anything in any case.

Fourth, the phrase MENTAL FATIFUE made me laugh out loud. Mostly because in my mind a guy shouted "FAT-IT-FWAY". I know it's a typo, but it's a funny one. :)

ductape98

When I get back i will post a vid of me speed cubing to see how much better if any I got. and for the last time I'm not cubing ten hours striate. I'm gonna take a break and read after every few solves i'll post the total time I spent cubing.

Smartyy

oooooh Antidisestablishmentarianism "9th grade spelling for a thousand Alex!"
Antidisestablishmentarianism originated as a political name for the people who were against disestablishmentarianism, which was basically removing the Church of England from its role as the state church. It's used more now as opposition to the belief that there shouldn't be an official church in a country, also used to **** off people who don't like long words!

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: fear of long words, ironically. Note the roots hippopotamus and monster. Thank you, thank you, you're too kind.

Those aren't really hard words though, just long ones.

*head 'splode*
I was being serious

EDIT: sorry, was watching TV, and had this post sitting here for a bit and missed those previous 3 posts.
I'm vaguely offended by that, as I did not use a thesaurus. They're not words I would use in everyday speech though. 9th grade vocab. Learn it.
1. First and foremost, sorry for offending you.

2. Nice job, most people know Antidisestablishmentarianism but few actually know what it means.. And not many people know what Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is.. and isn't is ironic how it is actually the fear of long words? I think people who actually have the fear shortened it to o"Hippophobia" or something so they wouldn't be afraid of their own fear.

I personally and VERY Automontonophobic. Honestly.

immortalcube

1. First and foremost, sorry for offending you.

2. Nice job, most people know Antidisestablishmentarianism but few actually know what it means.. And not many people know what Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is.. and isn't is ironic how it is actually the fear of long words? I think people who actually have the fear shortened it to o"Hippophobia" or something so they wouldn't be afraid of their own fear.

I personally and VERY Automontonophobic. Honestly.
It's alright, I wasn't that mad.
I would assume hippophobia to be fear of hippos, but w/e.
I don't recognize automontonophobic but from what I recognize in the word I'm gonna guess fear of robots?

ductape98

hey just finished fist 6 and a half hour drive three hours;) cubing rest sleeping

TheCubers

You are way to optimistic. You are well over 3 minutes and you expect to hit sub-40 in 10 hours?!
I'd be sick and have a rest after 3 hours of casual solving.
Well, its actually not impossible. Its like playing a video game. Its really really easy at first and you fly through it, but later i takes a while to beat a level. When I started i went from 4 minutes to 2 minutes in about three days. (Cubing 2 hours a day) If i were you i'd shoot for about 1:30 in the ten hours.

ductape98

well it may be too early but I'm already learning the beginners method of f2l. it's badmiphistoe's method on you tube. so my time sky rocketed and has got down to about 2 min. I'm using 2 look oll and 2 look pll. I am waiting to use the full methods until minus 40 sec. If i am doing anything wrong please tell me