• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

21 and up cubers. What is your fastest drunken 3x3 solve?

unirox13

OK I just did an average of 12 pretty darn drunk and managed to get 23 seconds. I average about 19 when sober so I'm not too far off after a few drinks.

For those of you legally allowed to drink, what is your fastest, drunken average of 12?

applemobile

Drive at 16, buy a gun at 18, but you can't buy cans of that pale puddle water you call beer untill 21. Sounds legit.

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
For you kids who are too new to remember, this used to be an UWR category on Speedcubing.com. It's funny because at least one of those record post dates was before the (American) cuber's 21st birthday.

I pulled off a 13 second solve once after the equivalent of about 4 shots of vodka (in mixed drinks). Since I have the "Asian flush syndrome", I really can't handle much more alcohol than that before getting sick and/or falling asleep. On the plus side, that means I can never get myself to the level of intoxication that would result in a hangover.

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What about being stoned and trying to solve the cube? I read somewhere that driving after smoking a single blunt is the equivalent of drinking four beers.

In that case the only solve I ever did while high was probably about a minute, but I was really high.

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I read somewhere that driving after smoking a single blunt is the equivalent of drinking four beers.

Lol BS.

While drunk/high/both I've had multiple sub 8s and one sub 7 when just fairly high, I don't find it affects my cubing abilities that much, more just makes my f2l look more like freeFOP.

My mescaline PB is sub 10 avg12 :p

Woah 3k posts, I was going to use it for a really great thread... I guess it'll just have to be my 3001st :p

unirox13

I played a pretty fun game with a friend of mine last night that I feel is pretty related to this thread.

She's training to be a bartender. We decided to hang out and her try out some new drinks last night. I decided to do a 3x3 average of 100. After I warmed up she wanted to make me another drink, that's when the idea hit me.

I did my avg 100 and every time higher than 20 seconds required me to take a shooter. I started out really well, but was pretty drunk by about 70ish solves. I managed to finish the avg of 100 with a 24.xx average. I had a few sup30 times in the last 10 solves. It was a lot of fun. Maybe one day soon I'll be able to do an average of 100 without taking a single shot! :)

4EverCuber

WCA
2012WATA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I managed an 18.xx solve after a pitcher (60 ounces) of beer. I average normally around 22-24secs. Don't know about average of 12 though. Going to try that this weekend when I'm off work. I'm curious now. Generally I know I'm drunk when my solves go over 30secs.

TanookiTrev

While drunk/high/both I've had multiple sub 8s and one sub 7 when just fairly high, I don't find it affects my cubing abilities that much, more just makes my f2l look more like freeFOP.

My mescaline PB is sub 10 avg12 :p

I would try to beat your mescaline PB but I average about 21 seconds when I'm not high (and considerably slower when I am) xD Good times.