• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 2.78 Team Master Magic UWR (Ernie Pulchny and Zach Goldman)

cubecraze1

WCA
2011OMAH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I tried doing this with my friend who quit cubing and completely failed got like 5 :fp: but I thought that was good. I wouldn't know that it was two different people if you didn't go up on the camera

cubeflip

WCA
2009HAMO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question. I do master magic, and I'm sub-3 in comp, but the thing I hate about mmag is that my puzzle is constantly locking up during solves (catching, not folding the right way, etc). It seems like every solve is a struggle to not get any lock-ups. My new Lingao mmag is better than my old GouJia, but it still seems like it needs to be broken in. If I never had these problems I could be so much faster. Do you have this problem or do you have a mmag that rarely locks-up during solves? What brand is it? Did you have to break it in or was it really fast out of the box? Or are you just really good at turning accurately throughout the solve? Ernie, I would also appreciate your answer.
Thank you.

cityzach

WCA
2010GOLD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question. I do master magic, and I'm sub-3 in comp, but the thing I hate about mmag is that my puzzle is constantly locking up during solves (catching, not folding the right way, etc). It seems like every solve is a struggle to not get any lock-ups. My new Lingao mmag is better than my old GouJia, but it still seems like it needs to be broken in. If I never had these problems I could be so much faster. Do you have this problem or do you have a mmag that rarely locks-up during solves? What brand is it? Did you have to break it in or was it really fast out of the box? Or are you just really good at turning accurately throughout the solve? Ernie, I would also appreciate your answer.
Thank you.

I use an LA, and I don't experience those problems. The only problem I really have is my master magic destringing. I suppose my master magic is just very broken in since I've been using the same one for over a year. I used therealjcube's coin trick here and it loosened the strings but made the master magic faster. and eventually when the strings became too lose and the puzzle would destring constantly, I bought the replacement strings off cubedepot.
So i guess I'm just an accurate turner since i practice a lot. I can't really give you any tips though, sorry.

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you.

Happens all the time to me. Just do the best you can and deal with it. (Me, Zach and Ernie use LA too)