• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2-7 relay practice / 2-7 relay thread

xyzzy

If you're grinding attempts to get good singles, it makes sense to get the higher-variance solves out of the way first (which is to say, do the cubes in descending order; abort attempts early if you get bad solves on any of the big cubes *).

If you're just trying to get better average times, prioritise the ones where inspection time makes more of a difference. You get to make use of the last layer of 5/6/7 to look ahead to the other big cubes, so you should be doing 2/3/4 first.

* And of course, you'll have to scramble all of the cubes if you do this, not just the ones you started solving. No cheating in relays!

Thom S.

I personally do 3-7, but I can see why others do otherwise.
My reasoning(and I'm sure that of many competing in the Weekly) is that you still have 15 seconds of inspection, depending on how far and how fast you can inspect, you might be able to see 2, Cross/FB/... and if you are good, +1 pair or FC, but that is a strech for me.

I'd recommend, if you are good at 3x3 no inspection and your average is only slightly less than with, start from 7 as a good FC can shave off a lot of time.