• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Official] 12.21 Rubik's Cube avg5 (Ross The Boss)

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
oy jeez... i dont know. the usa nationals is right around that time too, and there is also a big Michigan comp happening the week before yours. ive got a lot of things to get straightened out before i can say if ill be going or not.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did you even talk to Dave about this?

not yet. We have contacted the venue and are making plans. We will contact him once the venue confirms with us. Then once/if dave agrees, we will book the venue. I am asking ross now because the date is very flexible and i wanted him to show up, but the venue just emailed back and said that the 19th is a good date.

Kurainu17

WCA
2012ONGR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
not yet. We have contacted the venue and are making plans. We will contact him once the venue confirms with us. Then once/if dave agrees, we will book the venue. I am asking ross now because the date is very flexible and i wanted him to show up, but the venue just emailed back and said that the 19th is a good date.

Typically we have a month time for registration, plus there's a lot more to organization then just the venue, so I think July 19 is a bit too early. Check if it's available sometime in August?

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Typically we have a month time for registration, plus there's a lot more to organization then just the venue, so I think July 19 is a bit too early. Check if it's available sometime in August?

Ok i will see. We still have 11 days to confirm everything and that gives a month for registration (june 19 to july 19). Also, the venue has almost 'offered' to supply us with tables and chairs so there's that done.

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
alright now, it charms me to think that im 'vip' enough to influence competition dates based on availability, but i think it would be best to keep this thread a little bit more on topic. and thanks, praetorian. though it seems that the top 1000 rankings are improving just quick enough to keep me out :p

Genius4Jesus

WCA
2013ESPA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok i will see. We still have 11 days to confirm everything and that gives a month for registration (june 19 to july 19). Also, the venue has almost 'offered' to supply us with tables and chairs so there's that done.

I don't think CanadianCUBING has too much gas in the tank right now (as Canadian Open just occurred). Also, if you want(ed) to have a comp you should have contacted CanadianCUBING because it has to fit with their schedule not yours.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think CanadianCUBING has too much gas in the tank right now (as Canadian Open just occurred). Also, if you want(ed) to have a comp you should have contacted CanadianCUBING because it has to fit with their schedule not yours.

True, but i think that the venue is the most important thing. If we have a delegate and competitors but no venue, then there goes that. Don't worry Jonathan, I will not book the venue before contacting Dave. I'm not that stupid.

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
True, but i think that the venue is the most important thing. If we have a delegate and competitors but no venue, then there goes that. Don't worry Jonathan, I will not book the venue before contacting Dave. I'm not that stupid.

Talk to Dave (I assume the delegate) now. There are quite a lot of stuff that need to be done still including schedule (which is a pain) sponsorship for prizes, fees, how you want to carry out staffing and more. It COULD be done if every one communicates well but you need to start working on it immediately.