• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] 1 month of cubing and I'm hooked.

aquajax

Hi all,

I live on the Gold Coast in Australia. Bought a Rubiks brand cube a month ago. It is now an office decoration while I play with my new Dayan 2x2, Gan 356 V2 and Moyu Aoso. Couldn't resist and ordered a Gan Air UM and a Valk 3 to give me a range of 3x3 to experience different feels.

Current times are too embarrassing to quote here but roughly 1-2 min 3x3 and 25-35 sec. on 2x2.

aquajax

Haha I think i have progressed more than this guy. I am currently doing f2l intuitively yet slowly, so slow at the cross and almost got 2 look OLL and PLL committed to memory.

Every day is a noticeable improvement which is feeding my addiction. Probably a similar journey many others have travelled.

TwistAL

WCA
2015LIUA01
Haha I think i have progressed more than this guy. I am currently doing f2l intuitively yet slowly, so slow at the cross and almost got 2 look OLL and PLL committed to memory.

Every day is a noticeable improvement which is feeding my addiction. Probably a similar journey many others have travelled.
You're on the right track to success. It's important to start F2L early because it will become easy, quickly. Remember that it is OK to have algorithms for F2L, as long as you treat them like another intuitive way to solve a pair. Don't overuse algs though, only use them for hard cases.

aquajax

Welcome to the forum mate, keep solving the cube and you'll get under a minute, then you will REALLY be hooked. :D

Is the Gold Coast still as packed as it used to be?
Hi SolveThatCube

Thanks for the encouragement. The Gold Coast you would remember is the tourist centre in Surfers Paradise. Yes its still packed all year round. There are plenty of places around the Gold Coast where it is more relaxed.

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi SolveThatCube

Thanks for the encouragement. The Gold Coast you would remember is the tourist centre in Surfers Paradise. Yes its still packed all year round. There are plenty of places around the Gold Coast where it is more relaxed.
If you're interested in competitions, it sucks to tell you that there aren't a whole lot where you live, they are mainly all in Melbourne and Sydney (if you want to travel that far south). But there should be a Brisbane Comp coming semi-soon which shouldn't be too far for you.

aquajax

Thanks FCM

I will need the time to practice. Will def try a comp if I can get to competetive avg times