• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

【Official】Thread from GAN- CubeStation Update to UI 4.0

Joann Huang

Hi, I would like to ask why some algorithm in cube station hav for example U U and not U2?
Hi, Because some algorithms like U2 are not turned at once, The first U may be with the right index finger and the second U with the left thumb.
For example, for R U' U', the first U' is used with the right thumb and the second U' with the left index finger.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
13th May 2022
Dear all Valued Users,

We have updated the CubeStation on 11th May 2022, with the following updates:
【Update】----Update to New UI 4.0;
【Optimize】--Optimize other Network issues;
【Fixed】------Fixed known bugs;

Thanks for your continuous support. Welcome any suggestions and We believe that Cube Station App would be better for our joint efforts.

GANCUBE Service Team
QQ图片20220513150845(1).png
QQ图片20220511165647.jpg
QQ图片20220511165652.jpg
QQ图片20220511165658.jpg

Xenophule

Lovin this app all these years
There's one thing I wish I was better: the Default Bottom in the Timer section

I've set this to White, but it always sets Yellow to bottom when scrambling.
Is there a way to set the default bottom for the Timer scramble, and if there isn't could this be in a future relase?

Thanks again for this app sofar
It has been fantastic for practising :)

Joann Huang

Is Algorithm practising with the robot working now? Would it be a 2022 possible upgrade?

New UI looks awesome.
Thanks for your message.
Algorithm practicing with the robot? is the use GAN robot scramble to some specific algorithm? And we can practice the specific steps over and over again.
Correct me if i am wrong:)

Joann Huang

Lovin this app all these years
There's one thing I wish I was better: the Default Bottom in the Timer section

I've set this to White, but it always sets Yellow to bottom when scrambling.
Is there a way to set the default bottom for the Timer scramble, and if there isn't could this be in a future relase?

Thanks again for this app sofar
It has been fantastic for practising :)
Thanks for your message." the Default Bottom in the Timer section" has been marked down and shared with our software manager. All of the users' suggestions would take into value and be shared with the Cube Station software manager.
Thanks for your continuous support.:)

SnowyDay

Thanks for your message.
Algorithm practicing with the robot? is the use GAN robot scramble to some specific algorithm? And we can practice the specific steps over and over again.
Correct me if i am wrong:)
Correct. Years ago, GAN noted Algorithm practising as a "future software update".

So users could drill a specific step over and over again and not have to reset the cube manually every time. For me, this was THE BEST feature of the Robot system. Will revolutionise cubing for the average user.

Frankly, this is just a basic software on the server side and would be easy to code. So GAN management is just deciding if the cost of coding is worth the risk.

Algorithm practising would be an incredible selling point that no other cube could touch. If GAN wants to boost sales of the robot & connected cube, I can't think of a better way to do that.

OldSwiss

I really love the cubestation app. It improved much since the first versions I've seen about half a year ago.
There are some points that could be better
  • It always takes 2 or 3 times to connect the cube. I see the cube and until i select it, it vanishes from the list until i search it again.
    In an earlier version there was an auto connect feature. I don't know if it worked but to search one time automatically for the default cube when starting the app would be good. Otherwise the cube should not disappear from the list while connecting.
  • With the gan i3 I always have to turn the picture until green is in front otherwise it confuses me while scrambling.
    It would be good to always start whith green front. Turn off the gyroscope while scrambling would also be ok for me.
  • As Burrito already said, when the phone changes networks, you have to restart the app and reconnect.
  • Some of my best times where in time trial, but after one week they are away.
    A history or possibility to "save" the best solves would be nice.
  • Even with the gyroscope in the i3, sometimes the records sometimes have a wrong orientation. Instead of R and U Turns there is something like B and D what no one would use.
  • Better history and statistic features would be nice. Maybe diagrams for single steps, recognition time vs. executuion times and stuff like that.
  • In Time Trial mode, the AO5 statistic and graph are not calculated correctly.
  • I almost forgot the most annoying one:
    Sometimes the solves just stop with a DNF.
    I'm not sure think it is a trigger like the UU' to start the solves. Maybe better players don't do that very often but beginners do it and i've even seen that in solve reconstructions of Max Park.
    If there is such a trigger it should be possible to deactivate it.

Last edited:

OldSwiss

Can i use a giiker smartcube with it?

No, CubeStation is the Software from GAN. I don't think that they support the cubes of their competitors.
I would recommend you a GAN Smartcube. I have the Giiker and all of GAN's models.
The Giiker has very ofter problems with the sync and loses it's state. As it seems it's a hardware problem that cannot be solved.

Also the Gan cubes are more like normal speedcubes. As a beginner I really liked the Giiker but now as I'm getting faster ist seems too heavy and too loud

Last edited: