From Speedsolving.com Wiki
The Hoya Method is a 4x4 speedsolving method proposed by Jong-Ho Jeong. It can also be applied to bigger cubes, and is frequently done on both 5x5x5 (usually under the name Hoya5) and 4x4x4. It's a sub-method of Reduction.
- Do 2 opposite centers (not U/D ones).
- Solve D center and an adjacent one (not U).
- Solve the 4 dedges of the cross using the two scrambled centers (cross edge step).
- Finish the last two centers.
- Solve the remaining dedges.
- Solve as a 3x3x3 + Parities
- Easy dedgepairing
- Cross is already done when you start the 3x3 part
- Slightly higher movecount compared to Yau on 5x5 and larger puzzles. Though the movecount is similar to Yau on 4x4.
- Jong-Ho Jeong
- Dylan Clark
- Aaron LoPrete
- Chris Brotzman
- Luke Tycksen
- Alaik Bhatia