(Redirected from Yau)
Some commonly used techniques with the Yau method include:
- Solving 3 half centers out of the 4 last centers before fully solving them in order to increase fingertrickability for the remainder of the last 4 centers step. With the half centers technique, the solver can finish off the centers without destroying the partial cross by using only Rw and U moves rather than 3Rw, Rw, 2L, and U moves, essentially making the remainder of this step 2gen.
- Pairing edges using 3-2-3 edge pairing. Basically, right after the last 4 centers are solved, solve the final cross piece using no specific technique, then pair up 3 edge pairs at once, followed by 2 edge pairs, and finally the last 3 edge pairs. Many tutorial videos on YouTube go more in depth with this technique.
- Solve 2 opposite centers .
- Solve 3 of the cross dedges.
- Solve the remaining 4 centers, maintaining the partial cross by keeping the partial cross on the left side and using only Rw, 3Rw, 2L, and U moves.
- Pair up the remaining dedges without messing up the cross, starting with solving the final cross piece.
- Solve F2L + LL (3x3) and Parity.
- Easy edgepairing
- Cross is already done when you start the 3x3 step
- It can be hard to find the 3 first cross edges
- Centers are a little bit harder.
- Mats Valk 4x4 avg + single WR 26.77 / 33.57
- Tutorial in Japanese
- JustKeepCubing 4x4 Yau tutorial
- JRcuber 4x4 Yau walkthrough solves
- Speedcubereview 4x4 yau tutorial
- Tips for 4x4 with yau
- Tips For Achieving Sub-1 On 4x4 Using Yau
- 3-2-3 Yau edge pairing tutorial
- Feliks's 4x4 walkthrough solves
- Cyoubx's 4x4 Yau walkthrough solves
- 3-2-3 and 6-2 Advanced Yau 4x4 edge pairing tutorial
- Tutorial in French