• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ziicube shipping options

Which shipping method?

• China Post

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • ePacket

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Special Line

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Special Line-YW

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • DHL

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • All Postal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EMS

• eEMS

• Total voters

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok I found out "Special Line" is "Special Line Yanwen". Each package took 20-25 days to get here which is expected.

Info about DDP
“Delivered duty paid” means that the seller fulfils his obligation to deliver when the goods have been made available at the named place in the country of importation. The seller has to bear the risks and costs, including duties, taxes and other charges of delivering the goods thereto, cleared for importation.

thomas.sch

WCA
2018SCHU17
I can explain how this works to Europe / Germany. Maybe it is the same procedure to US?

Normal Shipping from China is sent directly to Germany as a single package, by truck, ship or airplain. So this package goes as as single package throu the German customs. Maybe you have luck and get it directly, maybe you have to drive to the next custom office (depending were you live this can take some hours including waiting time) and in that case you have to pay VAT and maybe custom duties. Depends on the value of the goods.

>25€ incl. delivery costs, there are 19% VAT
> 150€ incl. delivery costs you have to pay 3 or 5% custom duties and then for the total amount (goods+delivery+custom duties) 19% VAT

Both not a big thing but annoying!

The other possibility is DDP. In that case ziiCube sends the package with Yanwen or Yuntrack and it is sent together with many, many other packages to Amsterdam/Netherlands or Liege/Belgium (or in the past before the Brexit to London/GB). There the custom clearance is made for the whole delivery (container delivery) by this logistics company and after that it is carried by truck to Germany (no further custom clearance needed because it is transported inside the European Union) and then it is delivered to a local carrier, most often German DHL.

If you get such a delivery there is only a label from this last delivery step on the package! So the DHL label was printed in China but DHL has not transported it from China to Germany. And also there is no "Green sticker" of the custom clearance and also no declaration about the value or the kind of goods.

ziiCube needed the last months about 8-15 days to deliver to Germany with "Special Line DDP".

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
That is very useful info. Anyway I have never paid customs or VAT for anything shipped from China, be it a cube store or aliexpress. I've ordered a few items from Japan too on eBay and never any customs.

For my last package, I looked at the shipping tracking. It took only one day for zcube to ship it to a facility in Shenzhen, which then took 2 days to process. It took another 2 days for the package to ship internationally from China. It sat for 5 days in Los Angeles before being delivered to local courier in Las Vegas after 6 days. Then two days in Las Vegas being processed, a day in Denver, then a few more days to my nearest major city's distribution center and town postal office.

So the cubes were already in the US less than a week after ordering, but most of the delay was processing in LA or Las Vegas. Potentially if I lived on the west coast the packages could arrive in 1-2 weeks.

thomas.sch

WCA
2018SCHU17
The "delay" in Shenzhen or on the chinese airport is normal. If you have luck this takes 1-2 days but can also be 6-7 days. I think the logistic company has to collect packages to get a container filled! So if you are lucky your package is the last one put in. If you have bad luck yours is the first in a new and empty container waiting some days to be filled up ;-)

Next unforeseen is the target airport. I had packages which took less than 1 hour between unloading and custom clearence process and I had packages that took 5 to 7 days between unload process on the airport and custom clearance.

In my case it make also a difference which airport in Europe is used. Liege/Belgum is a very small airport (only about 100 flights a day). Customs take always less than a day! In Amsterdam the clearance takes 2-5 days!

19 deliveries the time from ordering to arrive took

9, 13, 12, 13, 11, 10, 12, 12, 8, 7, 9, 11, 13, 11, 12 ,17 (pre christmas), 15 (corona, took 12 days to leave China!), 10, 11

Nanite

?! Did I put in the wrong info?
I've got my order for ziicube, ready to pay but the site is asking me for a CPF/CNPJ number.
I'm ordering from Ziicube to the US.
I chose Special Line shipping because of the DDL being included (really just over a dollar more)
Uggh, guess I'll change the shipping.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
?! Did I put in the wrong info?
I've got my order for ziicube, ready to pay but the site is asking me for a CPF/CNPJ number.
I'm ordering from Ziicube to the US.
I chose Special Line shipping because of the DDL being included (really just over a dollar more)
Uggh, guess I'll change the shipping.

I never had to do that so idk. maybe contact them.

Nanite

I just contacted them and got a response pretty much within hours.
From Ziicube
"hello, The address of the country of payment should be consistent with the address of the country of destination, in order to pay successfully"
*scratches head* weirdness
I'm using PayPal, maybe I'll try later.

OldSwiss

For Switzerland, ePacket is the cheapest.
They say 13-30 days but my last orders arrived within a week or maximum 10 days and they have also full tracking.

Reactions: qwr