• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Your favorite cuber who's not the world's best?

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, I know, it's really easy to say Feliks is your favorite. :p The question I'm more interested in is which cubers you all like for reasons other than their raw speed? Maybe they have a particularly elegant turning style, or know unusual alg sets, or use a method that's unusual and cool... which cubers that aren't necessarily the best are your favorites?

Perhaps my answer isn't a good one, since the person I'm about to mention actually is a world record holder, but for me, the answer is Sebastian Weyer. My reasons for liking him have little to do with having world records. I absolutely love his turning style, and he has an unbelievable top turning speed. Compared to someone like Feliks, he pauses more but turns faster than Feliks ever does at times. No matter what times he gets, his solves are unbelievable aesthetically. Other cubers that I've liked because of their solving style more than their speed are Alex Lau and Justin Thomas (ubercuber).

Who do you all like? :)

TraciAG

WCA
2015GAGU01
Cubeologist. Really passionate about cubing and meeting people in the community, he posts an ao5 almost every day and is very active. He always shows interesting puzzles and in general is just a really positive guy.

NeilH

WCA
2015HEMN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Chris Olson for sure because of the effort he puts into his videos to help other cubers and his knowledge of LL.

Second for me is Alex because he broke barriers with a method no one else has ever done so good with and his turning style is awesome.

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Kim Jokinen

Seriously though, I have a hard time answering this question even without the limitations.

E: I guess out of the ones I've met it has to be Louis Cormier

Last edited:

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
Thomas Visaya Neville, he never ceases to amaze me he's only nine or something but he just improves so much every competition.

The one who took Ciaran's only non-NR

For me, it's probably three people. Jonatan Klosko's skewb WRs inspired me to start practicing skewb seriously.

Yu Da-Hyun because she is only 12 but is so far ahead of everyone else in megaminx.