• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Your Cross Level and Average Time

jdh3000

This of course is about 3x3 cfop cross level and what your average times are with that cross level:

What level is your cross?

Do you look at the cross while solving?

Can you solve 3 pieces without looking and track your 4th piece?

Can you plan and solve cross without looking at it? Can you track your 1st pair whilst doing this? Can you do this if it's easy but not if it's difficult?

Can you plan cross and first pair in inspection and solve all of that without looking, allowing you to focus on 2nd pair?

Can you plan the entire cube solution during inspect and and solve it blindfolded? Yes, me too, but that has nothing to do with this post? LOL!

Here's my level, and I could be much better; I plan the cross and and find a corner to focus on, then solve the cross while I track that corner finding the edge and then locating the second corner while inserting the first pair.

Yes this is not optimal, but it's where I am as I hover around 18 seconds average. If it's an easy cross I do better than that with my first pair, and am able to track both pieces well... if it's difficult. I still struggle a bit, but I'm getting better.

I've occasionally seen in posts some saying they don't plan out tthe entire cross but still average like 16 seconds. That inspired me to ask this to see what everyone is doing and their times.

We are all different, and improving, so please share.

Imsoosm

I'm averaging 12 seconds right now, and my cross level is: I plan the entire cross, and I track a corner and an edge. If a pair is already finished, I would try to implement that into my cross to make an x-cross. I never look at my cross while solving. After I finish planning, I just look around the cube for corners and egdes to track.

jdh3000

i am near sub 9 CFOP and i plan white cross but track first pair (too lazy)
This is inspiring for me, because I feel I don't want to put in the effort to plot a course for 1st pair. It racks my brain to try to figure out where they'll end up, let alone orientation.

I can track a corner easy enough, but depending on the difficulty of the cross as to how soon I spot the edge, because even when I see it in inspection, I invariably lose track while solving the cross and tracking the corner. It'll probably get better.

Tecknet

I average 25 seconds. Cross takes no more than 5 seconds, I plan out 2 pieces, maybe three on easy scrambles and start F2l. No fancy lookahed or any of those stuff yet.