• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

YJ New Cube: Chilong "Plus" Review

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
YJ released the Chilong Plus a couple weeks ago, and it just so happens that it is for sale in Taiwan now(faster than Cubicle and Speedcubeshop, wow!), so I'll do a quick review about it.:D

The cube comes in black and stickerless(better than EDM XD) and measures in 56 millimeters.

A3140921-D87E-4C62-BEBD-6DB304010F8E.jpeg

BF62DE7F-8962-4BC5-8E25-2B35330ED41B.jpeg

BAFDEE09-313E-4530-B159-77AA380CAB16.jpeg

EB69B0C6-ACF6-4100-BC7A-83B6A16BC844.jpeg

First impression: This is definitely NOT the original Chilong!

Right out of the box, the cube feels tight and sandy and rough, but after some loosening and lubing with DMN-37, it becomes a lot better. Regular corner cutting is over 45 degrees and the reverse is half a cubie, which is way better than the original.

This cube features squared off corners and a hollow corner piece, which makes it looks and sounds like a Valk. It does have the original Chilong's simplicity on the internals, IT FEELS LIKE A MIX BETWEEN THE CHILONG AND THE VALK. REALLY STABLE AND A BIT BLOCKY.

Overall, I would highly recommend someone that likes the original Chilong or the Valk to get this cube.

Retail price in Taiwan: 4 USD.(Add a couple dollars and that will usually be the price in the US:p.)

If you are a Chinese user and want to know more about this cube, you can checkout me and my friends collab channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM3S-vIuoOsMN1jGWElZPww

We will post a more detailed video about it and some other things in the coming week or two!

Last edited:
WCA
2023FUKU01
YJ released the Chilong Plus a couple weeks ago, and it just so happens that it is for sale in Taiwan now(faster than Cubicle and Speedcubeshop, wow!), so I'll do a quick review about it.:D

The cube comes in black and stickerless(better than EDM XD) and measures in 56 millimeters.

First impression: This is definitely NOT the original Chilong!

Right out of the box, the cube feels tight and sandy and rough, but after some loosening and lubing with DMN-37, it becomes a lot better. Regular corner cutting is over 45 degrees and the reverse is half a cubie, which is way better than the original.

This cube features squared off corners and a hollow corner piece, which makes it looks and sounds like a Valk. It does have the original Chilong's simplicity on the internals, IT FEELS LIKE A MIX BETWEEN THE CHILONG AND THE VALK. REALLY STABLE AND A BIT BLOCKY.

Overall, I would highly recommend someone that likes the original Chilong or the Valk to get this cube.

Retail price in Taiwan: 4 USD.(Add a couple dollars and that will usually be the price in the US:p.)

If you are a Chinese user and want to know more about this cube, you can checkout me and my friends collab channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM3S-vIuoOsMN1jGWElZPww

We will post a more detailed video about it and some other things in the coming week or two!
Is it any similar to the yulong v2m or the YJMGC v1/v2?