• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

YJ MGC Evo 3x3 Review

pb_cuber

To start, this was a good purchase. It (in my opinion) was a great upgrade from my tornado V2 and I have gotten a couple of Pbs on the YJ Evo. When I first got the cube, the feeling of looseness was so satisfying and the papery feel was super unique. After a couple of weeks I have finally broken in and I found near-perfect settings; 7 on the spring tension and 6 on the magnets. The setup was very easy and there were only a few things in the box. Now for the cons. First, the cube is flimsy and I have had to reach out to the manufacturers and get replacement parts. Second, why MG C not MGC.

Should you get this cube. Short answer: yes, long answer: I do believe that this is the future of cubing and I think that the feeling is like no other cubes(my opinion).

YouTube
Visit Channel
What happened was I bought the black internals, and within 2 weeks the core broke. I reached out to try and get a replacement, but I couldn't. I decided to upgrade to the Gan 11 M Pro. However, just earlier this week, I discovered that if you use the core from the old Diansheng Solar S(will link at the end) and put all of the pieces from the EVO on it, it works. I actually beat my PB by over a second during the first few solves. So, if your core breaks, maybe this cube could be your saving grace.

pb_cuber

What happened was I bought the black internals, and within 2 weeks the core broke. I reached out to try and get a replacement, but I couldn't. I decided to upgrade to the Gan 11 M Pro. However, just earlier this week, I discovered that if you use the core from the old Diansheng Solar S(will link at the end) and put all of the pieces from the EVO on it, it works. I actually beat my PB by over a second during the first few solves. So, if your core breaks, maybe this cube could be your saving grace.

Thats some cool innovation bro, I main the 12pro now lmao