• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

X Games One

WCA
2022TAND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Day Two seed is PiDay!
This brings us to the Day Two task:
Solve a 3x3 One-Handed and post thy time.
U F2 R' U' R2 L2 U F L' U2 R2 D B2 L2 U B2 U2 L2 B2 D B2
Thou hast 24 hours from the posting of this post to post thy time.

Additionally, the following did not submit their times and so, unfortunately, shall have to be eliminated, making way for competitors on the waitlist (meaning if thou submitted a result, thou art still here.):
@SpeedCubing RDJ (#19)
@Puzzlerr (#13)
@The Cuber SQUARED (#8)
@4ce7heGuy (#7)

And the following shall take their place:
@Zeke Mackay (#7)
@zzoomer (#8)
@Luke Solves Cubes (#13)

This means that Competitor #19 shall no longer be in the rankings. 19 days remain.
SHoot I forgot to submit

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
After much consideration, I realized that I do not have sufficient space on my computer to get scrambles posted from a PDF. As a result, I have decided to say that thou canst use any officially used scramble from the WCA site, csTimer WCA scrambler, TNoodle, CubeDesk, Cubeast, QQTimer, ChaoTimer, CubeStation, CompSim, Byte Timer, or https://apps.apple.com/us/app/魔方俱乐部/id1588695196 . All solves are due by May 1st at 11:59 PM GMT. Good luck.

bulkocuber

I don't think you need space on your computer to post some scrambes and I don't see why you should post them from a PDF, but that aside, here's what I think we should do until @White KB is not busy anymore:
Scrambles can be very lucky, thus we should use always the same ones, but there's no need for someone to post the scrambles everyday, in fact we can just use the scramble that the first person of the day used (by "first person of the day" I mean the first person to post his results for that specific day). Then someone should check the results for that day and decide which person to eliminate. I can do it for @White KB, if everyone's ok with that.

The reason why I'm saying this is that I prefer following a specific program like this
The time hath come. The first X Games on the SpeedSolving.com forums shall commence on March 14th. It is designed to be a new kind of game, one with high stakes and lots of cubing.

The games shall begin on March 14th, 2022. Each day, there will be a new challenge, and whoever gets the slowest time gets eliminated. Overall, there are 21 challenges, ending April 4th, as follows:

Day One (Pi Day) (20 competitors remain.)

Solve a 3x3 and post thy time.

Day Two (19 competitors remain.)

Solve a 3x3 One-Handed and post thy time.

Day Three (18 competitors remain.)

Solve a 2x2 with only thy non-OH hand and post thy time.

Day Four (17 competitors remain.)

Solve a 4x4 (or 6 3x3s) and post thy time.

Day Five (16 competitors remain.)

Three random players have their Day One results compared and the fastest one chooses one person to eliminate.

Day Six (15 competitors remain.)

Perform 100 moves on any cube and post thy time.

Day Seven (14 competitors remain.)

Perform seven 3x3 solves and add up thy times. Then post thy cumulative time.

Day Eight (13 competitors remain.)

Perform eight 2x2 solves and add up thy times. Then post thy cumulative time.

Day Nine (12 competitors remain.)

Solve a megaminx, or perform eight 3x3 solves and add up thy times. Then post thy time or cumulative time.

Day Ten (11 competitors remain.)

Record how long it takes you to clap once, then solve a 2x2, then a 3x3, then a 4x4, and post thy cumulative time.

Day Eleven (10 competitors remain.)

Record how long it takes you to perform a T Permutation on a 3x3, then post thy time.

Day Twelve (9 competitors remain.)

Five random competitors are chosen, and one receives 1 immunity to be used on any one day before Day Sixteen. Each competitor's Day Eight and Day Nine results are added
up, and whoever hath the best cumulative result chooses one person to eliminate.

Day Thirteen (8 competitors remain.)

Solve a 5x5, or perform twelve 3x3 solves and add up thy times. Then post thy time or cumulative time.

Day Fourteen (7 competitors remain.)

Perform thirteen 3x3 solves, add them up, and divide by seven. Then perform five 2x2 solves, add the worst three up, and multiply by six. Then add the two results up and post all
thy times, most importantly the final result.

Day Fifteen (6 competitors remain.)

Look on YouTube for a unique video with a Rubik's Cube in it and embed it here. Whoever posts the video with the least views gets eliminated.

Day Sixteen (5 competitors remain.)

Take apart a 3x3 and record how long it takes you to put it together in the solved position, then post thy time.

Day Seventeen (4 competitors remain.)

You will all be assigned one scramble, and whoever finds the shortest solution in one hour chooses one player to eliminate.

Day Eighteen (3 competitors remain.)

Time how fast you can solve the cross on a 3x3. Whoever gets the slowest result hath to add a second to their time on Day Nineteen.

Day Nineteen (3 competitors remain.)

Solve a 2x2. Then post thy time.

Day Twenty (2 competitors remain.)

Both competitors perform an Average of 12 solves on 3x3, and whoever gets the fastest result decides whether they shall multiply their Day Twenty-One time by 0.9, or multiply
the other person's Day Twenty-One time by 1.1.

Day Twenty-One (2 competitors remain.)

Both competitors perform twelve an Average of 12 solves on 3x3, and whoever gets the slowest result (counting modifications from Day Twenty) gets eliminated.

Day Twenty-Two (1 competitor wins.)

The winner receives a prize, which as of March 2nd hath yet to be determined.

To begin the games, we need 20 competitors. The Google Form is linked here. Sign up if you want a rather... different... cubing challenge.
However, I understand that many of you are very busy, so you can decide whether to do this or not.

We were at day 7 (day 8's scrambles were never posted), so here's the situation up to day seven:
DAY ONE: @SpeedCubing RDJ was eliminated
DAY TWO: @zzomer/@Puzzlerr was eliminated
DAY THREE: @fun at the joy was eliminated
DAY FOUR: @MuaazCubes was eliminated
DAY FIVE: @Zeke Mackay chose to eliminate @TipsterTrickster
DAY SIX: @DynaXT was eliminated
DAY SEVEN: @White KB, @cuberswoop and @Cuber2s did not submit, but @Cuber2s had the slowest day 6, so he ought to be eliminated. (I think that this is a good way to determine who should be eliminated, but if you disagree let me know)

So, 13 competitors remain: @J727S, @Luke Solves Cubes, @TheEpicCuber, @Swagrid, @bulkocuber, @cuberswoop, @Zeke Mackay, @Swamp347, @hydynn, @AJT17, @gsingh, @White KB, @Parth.

Tomorrow's day 8 and since I won't have much time, I preferred doing the solves today, so here are the scrambles that I used (and that you also should use if you agree with what I said before):
1. F2 R2 U2 R U' F U2 F' U'
2. R2 F R2 F' R' U2 F R2 F' R
3. F' R' U F' U' R2 F R2 F'
4. F U2 F2 R' U' R' U R' F
5. R' U R' U R' U2 F' R2 U'
6. U F2 U F2 U' R U2 F' R'
7. R' F R2 U' F R U2 F R2
8. U2 F' R' U2 F2 U2 F' U' F

These scrambles were generated by csTimer
And here's what I got with them

1. 3.53
2. 3.48
3. 1.66
4. 3.32
5. 4.33
6. 3.77
7. 3.25
8. 3.98
= 27.32

And, in case you forgot, you can't dowsolve the solves singularly, but you can downsolve the whole attempt (@White KB said this)

Obviously, you can disagree with what I said, but just appreciate the fact that I wrote all this for the X Games, because what I've done is certainly not an attempt to steal @White KB's "job", I just want to help him

Last edited:

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think you need space on your computer to post some scrambes and I don't see why you should post them from a PDF, but that aside, here's what I think we should do until @White KB is not busy anymore:
Scrambles can be very lucky, thus we should use always the same ones, but there's no need for someone to post the scrambles everyday, in fact we can just use the scramble that the first person of the day used (by "first person of the day" I mean the first person to post his results for that specific day). Then someone should check the results for that day and decide which person to eliminate. I can do it for @White KB, if everyone's ok with that.

The reason why I'm saying this is that I prefer following a specific program like thisHowever, I understand that many of you are very busy, so you can decide whether to do this or not.

We were at day 7 (day 8's scrambles were never posted), so here's the situation up to day seven:
DAY SEVEN: @White KB, @cuberswoop and @Cuber2s did not submit, but @Cuber2s had the slowest day 6, so he ought to be eliminated. (I think that this is a good way to determine who should be eliminated, but if you disagree let me know)

So, 13 competitors remain: @J727S, @Luke Solves Cubes, @TheEpicCuber, @Swagrid, @bulkocuber, @cuberswoop, @Zeke Mackay, @Swamp347, @hydynn, @AJT17, @gsingh, @White KB, @Parth.

Tomorrow's day 8 and since I won't have much time, I preferred doing the solves today, so here are the scrambles that I used (and that you also should use if you agree with what I said before):

1. 3.53
2. 3.48
3. 1.66
4. 3.32
5. 4.33
6. 3.77
7. 3.25
8. 3.98
= 27.32

And, in case you forgot, you can't dowsolve the solves singularly, but you can downsolve the whole attempt (@White KB said this)

Obviously, you can disagree with what I said, but just appreciate the fact that I wrote all this for the X Games, because what I've done is certainly not an attempt to steal @White KB's "job"
Using your scrambles: 2.73 3.06 3.05 3.95 3.71 3.04 3.53 3.29 = 23.34

bulkocuber

@Luke Solves Cubes, @cuberswoop, @Zeke Mackay, @Swamp347, @AJT17, @gsingh, @White KB, @Parth
These people haven't submitted their results for day 8 yet: remember to submit them!
If too many people don't post their results, we should either wait them to be ready or continue to X games without following a specific program.
I'm sorry, I should have waited for everybody to be ready as they may not have read my post from yesterday 😕.

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@Luke Solves Cubes, @cuberswoop, @Zeke Mackay, @Swamp347, @AJT17, @gsingh, @White KB, @Parth
These people haven't submitted their results for day 8 yet: remember to submit them!
If too many people don't post their results, we should either wait them to be ready or continue to X games without following a specific program.
I'm sorry, I should have waited for everybody to be ready as they may not have read my post from yesterday 😕.
I didn't check this until it was too late for me to do it tonight, but i can do it tomorrow.

WCA
2021BRAN02
YouTube
Visit Channel

The reason why I'm saying this is that I prefer following a specific program like thisHowever, I understand that many of you are very busy, so you can decide whether to do this or not.

1. 3.53
2. 3.48
3. 1.66
4. 3.32
5. 4.33
6. 3.77
7. 3.25
8. 3.98
= 27.32

Obviously, you can disagree with what I said, but just appreciate the fact that I wrote all this for the X Games, because what I've done is certainly not an attempt to steal @White KB's "job", I just want to help him
4.71+4.29+6.23+5.17+6.96+4.37+6.40+6.11=44.24

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
As aforementioned, the solves shall now be due on May 1st. When a day fills up, I shall tell who hath been eliminated from that day. This should make it easier for everyone to complete their results, and make the challenge less of a commitment. I also realize that many people have exams coming up, and so this shouldt allow for that as well. I am not as busy as before, so I should hopefully have time to answer thine own questions. I shall post mine own results soon and update the X Games spreadsheet at the same time. Happy [down]solving!