• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Wisconsin Cubing Group

Yes group or no group

• yes

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • no

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone here going to cat and mouse? I plan on it.
I have a track meet, and it's city qualifying too, though I'm not quite fast enough to make it to city, so I there isn't much point in me going. I might be able to got to the first part of the competition, but I probably will have to go to the track meet.
Sucks since I have a chance at MBLD IL SR too.

Fear

I'd go the the minnesota cube melt but I've got a choir/band thing going on that weekend. As for the track meet, I feel ya but you should totally go to cat and mouse. :)

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd go the the minnesota cube melt but I've got a choir/band thing going on that weekend. As for the track meet, I feel ya but you should totally go to cat and mouse. :)
The thing is, this meet is kinda the whole point of doing track.
Go to qualifying, have the chance to advance to city finals and maybe even state.
I would skip the meet, but I don't think my coaches would like that.
The really annoying part is that girls qualification is the thursday a couple days before. If only they had been switched, I could go to both...

Might be able to go to the first half of cat and mouse, depending on when the races that I would be competing in are. Most likely, it will be an early meet, and I'll have to miss cat and mouse.:(, Though I might be able to go to the second half if the meet is extra early and all my events are early.

BUT I REALLY WANT TO BREAK MBLD SR BECAUSE I CAN!!:mad:

Fear

Talk to your track coach. Mention that you're maybe not going to qualify anyway. My coach, personally, would tell me to cut it out with the excuses and get my ass to the meet, but your's hopefully would be more forgiving.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I'm willing to co-organize maybe. I'll have to see what my mom says.

I guess since I've never organized a competition and I've only even been to one I'd like to work with somebody who has organized before. Have you organized a competition? My ideal comp to set up would probably be 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, either 3x3, 7x7, or feet, and tentative rounds of whichever of the last three were skipped.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess since I've never organized a competition and I've only even been to one I'd like to work with somebody who has organized before. Have you organized a competition? My ideal comp to set up would probably be 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, either 3x3, 7x7, or feet, and tentative rounds of whichever of the last three were skipped.
i haven't organized a comp and i'd like to have pyra and oh

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I'm working on a competition, so if you do get something going please let me know the date as soon as you do so I know if I need to change mine or not.

I doubt I'll get anything together, but I'll make sure you're in the loop if that changes. If you're already working on something I would figure that takes precedence, and prefer to change mine if there's a conflict.

Fear

I'd probably go, depends upon when it is. Some weekend I would be down for going to madison though, could visit some family.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I'm working on a competition, so if you do get something going please let me know the date as soon as you do so I know if I need to change mine or not.

Any update on this? Is there a tentative event list yet? Even if it's several months away I'd like to know what's likely to be offered, because I probably need to start focusing my practice time soon if I'm going to make any big cube cutoffs.

E: how long has it been since we had a Wisconsin comp with 4x4, 5x5, or 6x6? Hint, hint.

Last edited:

Jhahoua

WCA
2011FERA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Any update on this? Is there a tentative event list yet? Even if it's several months away I'd like to know what's likely to be offered, because I probably need to start focusing my practice time soon if I'm going to make any big cube cutoffs.

E: how long has it been since we had a Wisconsin comp with 4x4, 5x5, or 6x6? Hint, hint.

Someone wants to have one this summer still in Oregon, it would just have basic events though like 2-4 pyra skewb,
Mine would have events similar to wiscube, we had 4x4 & 5x5 last spring.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Someone wants to have one this summer still in Oregon, it would just have basic events though like 2-4 pyra skewb,
Mine would have events similar to wiscube, we had 4x4 & 5x5 last spring.

Last spring is coming on a year and a half ago by the time a comp gets set up. I am excited to try competing in 6x6, even though I'm still solidly sup-6:00 at this point. I don't think I'll be setting anything up this summer, if there's anything I can do to help out with your comp that doesn't require getting there early or staying till the end I'll be happy to give it a shot.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Someone wants to have one this summer still in Oregon, it would just have basic events though like 2-4 pyra skewb.
Aha! And 5x5 and mega! With cutoffs that are pretty much across the board at the edge of what I can do. Although a 6:00 time limit for 3BLD is unusual. My best success is 12:xx, but I have a lot of 6:xx DNFs.

Not sure if I'll make it, but I'm inclined to try.