• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Windows Copying Estimation Time... FAIL

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't really hate [Windows Vista], but it is a bad system. Many features are just rip offs of Macs'. Even the fact that they released Windows 7 shows how bad it is.

You're kidding, right? Having features that appeared in another OS is not a bad thing - if they're good features, I'd want every OS to have them. And having a new version does not show how bad an old version is because all software gets upgraded from time to time to make it better, even the best software out there, as long as the developers still care about it.

Edward

WCA
2011KING01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Arendil

YouTube
Visit Channel
Or you could use Macintosh.

For what reason?
Because it is more expensive, therefore better.

[/apple logic]

lol. Interestingly enough, this is the logic that many kids at my school tend to lean towards.

Because its usually true.

Unless your comparing Rubiks Cube prices in which storeboughts usually cost and are crappy while online ones are fairly cheap and rock (usually)

Spyyder

I had something like this on XP once, for somereason i just copied my whole Steam folder, and it said something like 400million minutes remaining, I had a picture but I lost it. :(

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
estimation.png

You beat me to it!

hawkmp4

Windows 7 owns though.

I've heard...well...I've heard only good things about it. Not enough and not quite so good as to make me wanna shell out the money to switch to Windows 7 from Ubuntu but it makes me feel a little better to know that Microsoft seemed to listen to customers after the fiasco that was Vista.

miniGOINGS

Windows 7 owns though.

I've heard...well...I've heard only good things about it. Not enough and not quite so good as to make me wanna shell out the money to switch to Windows 7 from Ubuntu but it makes me feel a little better to know that Microsoft seemed to listen to customers after the fiasco that was Vista.

Yea my dad and friends have it and it's pretty awesome I must admit.

JBCM627

WCA
2006MERT01
Last edited:
N

nitrocan

I don't really hate [Windows Vista], but it is a bad system. Many features are just rip offs of Macs'. Even the fact that they released Windows 7 shows how bad it is.

You're kidding, right? Having features that appeared in another OS is not a bad thing - if they're good features, I'd want every OS to have them. And having a new version does not show how bad an old version is because all software gets upgraded from time to time to make it better, even the best software out there, as long as the developers still care about it.

I'm not blaming Windows for the features it has. I'm blaming the producers' creativities. I don't really see a great improvement between xp and vista except for the graphics, but better graphics don't make a better game.

But come on, how long could it possibly take for a system to be replaced if it wasn't that problematic? Think about xp, it's still dependable.

To me, windows is a system which gets gradually slower and slower and you have to reformat it sometime. I have been using a mac for about 3 years, and haven't had a speed problem since. It's simple, and better and 1000 times less problematic.