• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Why wont Kilominx w/others become an event?

turtwig

While 2MBLD would be cool, it would be kind of weird as an official event considering we probably wouldn't have 2BLD (since that's a much less interesting event). I think another possible problem if people could one-look a bunch of 2x2's is that they might not bother remembering the AUFs since the +2 (basically +1.5) is less than the time it'll take to incorporate the AUFs into the memo and then remember it (it's not against the regulations but it wouldn't feel like they're solving the entire cube).

I just really need an awnser on why kilominx and/or cuboids become an event
i mean i get not adding some puzzles like fisher cube and mirror cube because they are just
shape mods on a 3x3 but still kilominx and cuboids become an event (cuboids as in 3x3x5, 3x3x2, 2x2x3, 2x2x4 not all of these at once at least one of them) but im not saying ADD Them witch i do want them to I'm just wondering why they wont add them!!!
I Didn't exepect this post to become popular

VenomCubing

WCA
2017MORT01
Honestly, I think dino cube has a high chance of becoming an event, as it has been in the community for a long time, there are a decent few brands to choose from, it is reasonably speedsolvable, it has little negative reception, the list goes on.

WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just really need an awnser on why kilominx and/or cuboids become an event
i mean i get not adding some puzzles like fisher cube and mirror cube because they are just
shape mods on a 3x3 but still kilominx and cuboids become an event (cuboids as in 3x3x5, 3x3x2, 2x2x3, 2x2x4 not all of these at once at least one of them) but im not saying ADD Them witch i do want them to I'm just wondering why they wont add them!!!
at least we can have unoficial comps and hold these events.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Soooo Are there any updates or change of mind for adding Kilominx to the WCA. I have noticed that it has been becoming more popular lately and I figured that I would see if there is any new news. Thanks

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
People have pretty much forgotten about it.
Is that why more and more people keep competing in Kilominx every week in the "Weekly competition"? I personal think that Kilominx is gaining more attention at least in the competing aspect, if not in pushing for it to be an official event.

Does that make sense to you in what I am trying to say?

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is that why more and more people keep competing in Kilominx every week in the "Weekly competition"?

I've checked last 4 weeks. There were 14-20 people competing. In the first weeks of 2018 there were up to 30 competitors. I dont think it equals to: more and more people keep competing.