• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Why Do YOU Like Cubing?

YouTube
Visit Channel
I onlh started cubing about two months ago. I have gotten much faster since I started, and i really like it. But why do I like it? More importantly, why do you like cubing?

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's fun.
It's relaxing. (Compared to the daily stresses of raising kids, I can leave those emotions aside and let my brain take over.)
It's calming.
It's tactile and I like the feeling of moving my fingers very quickly.
I can do it anytime for as long or short as I'm able each day.
I can stop anytime. (When things are happening all the time in one's household it's hard to get into things like reading because it takes a big chunk of time to get anywhere whereas cubing only takes seconds.)
The sense of accomplishment I get when I break personal bests.
Self-improvement is always a satisfying feeling.
It keeps my mind sharper. (At least, this is my belief.)

Yeah, those are some of the reasons.

Btw I think there was a thread about this but not 100% sure.
I think this too.

houngpong

As a kid, I've always had the idea of creating chaos in a society and restoring the balance.
In other words, taking over the world, destroying it and rebuilding it with everything having my face and ideals on/in it.
With the Rubik's cube, I can do just that..without the face/ideals on/in it.
It's one of those things I can pick up, "destroy," and fix whenever I want to and requires me no effort to start so.
It also helps my observation, patience, hand strength, memory, right brain, attention, reaction, self-consciousness and space perceptionability.

YddEd

WCA
2012SHAO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As a kid, I've always had the idea of creating chaos in a society and restoring the balance.
In other words, taking over the world, destroying it and rebuilding it with everything having my face and ideals on/in it.

With the Rubik's cube, I can do just that..without the face/ideals on/in it.
It's one of those things I can pick up, "destroy," and fix whenever I want to and requires me no effort to start so.
It also helps my observation, patience, hand strength, memory, right brain, attention, reaction, self-consciousness and space perceptionability.
lol

I cube because it's fun and I don't get bored and lonely.

kunparekh18

WCA
2013PARE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
because you can boast

if you get uperm/hperm/zperm on edge oriented oll boast you did coll

if you get skip on edge oriented oll boast you did zbll

if you get uperm/hperm/zperm on normal oll boast you did ollcp

if you get skip on normal oll boast you did a 1 look ll alg

if you get ll skip boast you forced it by using vhls/zbls/rls/cls/els/whatever

i dont know any of the above

edit : i always get dot oll and n perm :tu

edit : oh if you.solve f2l rotationless in a cfop solve boast you did eocross

Last edited:

pkvk9122

Poll plz!! would see the results easier instead of having to comb through each person's post... lol
I like cubing because its proof i'm improving somewhere ^_^ and because ill get lonely without it..

CADcubing1

I like cubing because it is just soo fun! Just the idea of beating PB's all the time and getting new puzzles is just so amazing and awesome! Cubing seems like something that could easily last a lifetime (like redkb he's been cubing for about 10 years he said). Even though I'm still new to it I can still have just as much fun as those who have been cubing for many many years. It's such a great hobby to have and I love it. I also like how if i don;t have any electronics on me but I have a cube/puzzle I would be good to go and not be bored out of my mind. LOL