• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Who do you think will get the first official sub 5 3x3 average?

Who do you think will get the 1st Sub 5?

• Tymon

Votes: 82 59.4%
  • Max

Votes: 35 25.4%
  • Ruihang

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Felix

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Fahmi?

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Others

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • matty

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

Imsoosm

Sad that Ruihang doesn't get a fair chance to get the first sub 5 ao5. Currently his at-home results are at least on par with that of Tymon and Max, and he has the skill necessary to get the record. It's just that in China there are no comps, and he hasn't went to one since his last comp several months ago (...where he set the WR ao5). He gets my pity vote.
Yeah well, China is placing lockdowns in every city with omicron outbursts, imo very pointless. Shanghai's been under lockdown for more than three months already, and they're putting up these metal fences around some people's buildings to prevent them from spreading the virus.

Imsoosm

HOLY CRAP
Leo comes back with a 5.92 average NR and a 4.77 single NR in the first round, beating both of Sean Patrick Villanueva's records!!

Imsoosm

I'm not being racist but the government rules are so dumb and useless

Anyway back to the topic, I still think Tymon will get the first Sub 5 average but Max and Leo have a chance
I'll have to say I agree with you on that point. I mean, even if they want to get rid of omicron, my community is now completely free of it, and we're still doing NAT tests and self-tests every day. The country itself is nice, it's the leaders being pointless and stupid.

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll have to say I agree with you on that point. I mean, even if they want to get rid of omicron, my community is now completely free of it, and we're still doing NAT tests and self-tests every day. The country itself is nice, it's the leaders being pointless and stupid.
Stupid Chinese communists and their fears/rules.
Not targeting you, just the leaders.

Imsoosm

Nooooooo!
What has happened to Tymon??
He just got 1 mid-6 and 2 low-6 averages at League V
:(:(:(:(:(
Last avg was a 5.54 with a 4.63 though

He got nice 4x4 and 5x5 scores though, for 4x4 finals he got a sub-20 (but also somehow has a 32 sec solve), and for 5x5 he got 2 38 solves and 1 36 solve. I don't even have a 5x5 so I don't really know the average times of world-class people, but sub-40 is really good right?

Timona

YouTube
Visit Channel
Nooooooo!

He got nice 4x4 and 5x5 scores though, for 4x4 finals he got a sub-20 (but also somehow has a 32 sec solve), and for 5x5 he got 2 38 solves and 1 36 solve. I don't even have a 5x5 so I don't really know the average times of world-class people, but sub-40 is really good right?
The pressure on him is too much

NigelTheCuber

WCA
2022PHAN03
Nooooooo!

wr average is 38 by ... you guessed it

DynaXT

WCA
2021PORT02
Nooooooo!

You expect way too much from Tymon. What if the scrambles weren’t the best? Maybe he’s just having an off day. A couple bad averages (that aren’t even bad, not many people consistently get sub-7 averages) don’t mean he’s not a top cuber.

Timona

YouTube
Visit Channel
Nooooooo!

5x5, anything sub-50 is world-class. Max get's sub-40 almost frequently.

Imsoosm

You expect way too much from Tymon. What if the scrambles weren’t the best? Maybe he’s just having an off day. A couple bad averages (that aren’t even bad, not many people consistently get sub-7 averages) don’t mean he’s not a top cuber.
True.

Imsoosm

I put down tymon but maybe I should've put max
In Max's most recent comp, he got 1 mid-6 avg, and two mid-5 avgs. (4.91 single too)
He didn't get any sub-20 for 4x4, but for 5x5 he was actually 0.61 seconds away from breaking the WR average (again), his 5x5 finals were 38.61.
Max seems to consistently get sub-1:20 for 6x6, and for 7x7 he is consistently sub-2:00

Reactions: qwr