• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

White layer + Middle Row (Edge Pieces) solved ... what then?

Tolmplek23

Hello,

I am an absolute beginner and I try to learn to solve the Rubick's cube without memorizing algorithms before I have understood them. I only follow the order of solving and try to find out by myself the way.

So now I have solved the bottom white layer. The white edge pieces aligned their respective colors. Then I tried to solve the middle row. I did that, but now the white edge and corner pieces don't align their respective colors anymore.

Maybe I used an equivocal terminology, so I attached pictures of all 4 sides.

My concrete question is: Can I somehow fix the bottom row or should I have paid attention to it from the beginning, simultaneously to solving the middle row pieces?

If you have any suggestions I would be very glad !

Kind Regards

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can solve the bottom layer using PLLs and fixing a parity error (if it exists), but I woudn't recommend that because it's simply a bad way to solve.

You can notice that your middle layer is solid, but your bottom layer not.

Learn to make a solid bottom layer, and continue, as your middle layer is ok.

Every piece on the 3x3x3 has an "address". White-red edge address is between white and red centers. Orange-blue-yellow corner "address" is between blue / yellow / orange centers, and so on.

Solving a solid cross then solving corners is a good way to make a solid first layer

LRrTX.png

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
My concrete question is: Can I somehow fix the bottom row or should I have paid attention to it from the beginning, simultaneously to solving the middle row pieces?
When solving your middle layer, yes, you should have paid attention to the bottom. Your bottom layer should remain solved after each additional piece that you insert into place.

Tolmplek23

Thank you. I played around for about 2 hours (during train traveling in the morning) and now it's easy for me to get a solid bottom layer (correct edges/corners). This means, I have little pyramids (see pictures). Then I tried a lot to solve it, but I always ended by messing things up or returning to where I started… so now I want to learn the algorithms and subsequently try to also understand them…

You can solve the bottom layer using PLLs and fixing a parity error (if it exists), but I woudn't recommend that because it's simply a bad way to solve.

Why Permutation of Last Layer? I never reached this state where I only need to solve the last layer.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 0