• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Aa Perm do you use?

Best Aa Perm?

• x R' U R' D2 R U' R' D2 R2

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • l' U R' D2 R U' R' D2 R2

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • x' R2 D2 R' U' R D2 R' U R'

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • R' B' R2 D R' U' R D' R' U R' B R

• R' F R' B2 R F' R' B2 R2

• F U R2 D R' U' R D' R' U R' U' F'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • x L2 D2 L' U' L D2 L' U L'

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • R' D' R U2 R' D R U' R' D' R U' R' D R

• R F R' U R' D' R U' R' D R2 F' R'

• x' L' U L' D2 L U' L' D2 L2

• x' R' D R' U2 R D' R' U2 R2

• R' U' D' R' D R U' R' D' R U2 D R

• R U R' F' r U R' U' r' F R2 U' R'

• r U r' U' r' F r2 U' r' U' r U r' F'

• R' D' R U' R' D R U2 R' D' R U' R' D R

• others

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Waffles

I do my A perms lefty do I can D2 flick with my right hand. I cant D2 flick with my left hand
Same, except the reason I use it lefty was I kept using Middle-Ring for lefty D2 flick so I switched to doing it righty D2 for a bit, and the lefty alg stuck.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm starting a new series of threads to know what the most popular PLLs are. Vote for which one you use.
p.s. the algs here have gotten at least 2 votes on scdb, so that joke algs don't feature.
If you want to find the most popular alg, why don't you just look at scdb? You cleary know how the voting system works so it should be quite trivial to just go to the top of the list to see which one has the most votes.

xyzzy

Yeah I know, but the way you execute the algs matters
Of course the execution matters, so, you know, let's jump down that rabbit hole.

x R' U R' D2 R U' R' D2 R2 has two D2 moves. How do you execute them? Ring-middle, middle-ring, pinky-ring, ring-pinky? Four choices each for the two D2 moves, although practically speaking you'd probably use the same execution for both D2s, so let's just call this 4 possibilities. What about the U' move? Can be done with left index (more common) or right index (less common). So, 8 possibilities now.

All of these also apply to the l' U R' alg, so now we have 16 possibilities. All of which are essentially the same.

Actually you should also double this because there's the question of whether you do an x' rotation at the end versus just keeping the last layer on B, so that's 32 possibilities, already exceeding the maximum poll size.

You can ask the same questions for all of the other algs too. Like, take the wide T perm. How do you do the first U move? Could be right index, could be left index. What about the last F' move? Could be right thumb, could be left index, could even be something else. Again: it's all essentially the same.

If you're conducting a plurality-style poll, it only makes sense to coalesce extremely similar algs. (Even in an approval voting system (like what SCDB has), which theoretically doesn't suffer from the same problem, I'm still not going to bother to vote for every single variant of the same alg either, because that's way too much effort.)

WCA
2022WEIP01
Of course the execution matters, so, you know, let's jump down that rabbit hole.

x R' U R' D2 R U' R' D2 R2 has two D2 moves. How do you execute them? Ring-middle, middle-ring, pinky-ring, ring-pinky? Four choices each for the two D2 moves, although practically speaking you'd probably use the same execution for both D2s, so let's just call this 4 possibilities. What about the U' move? Can be done with left index (more common) or right index (less common). So, 8 possibilities now.

All of these also apply to the l' U R' alg, so now we have 16 possibilities. All of which are essentially the same.

Actually you should also double this because there's the question of whether you do an x' rotation at the end versus just keeping the last layer on B, so that's 32 possibilities, already exceeding the maximum poll size.

You can ask the same questions for all of the other algs too. Like, take the wide T perm. How do you do the first U move? Could be right index, could be left index. What about the last F' move? Could be right thumb, could be left index, could even be something else. Again: it's all essentially the same.

If you're conducting a plurality-style poll, it only makes sense to coalesce extremely similar algs. (Even in an approval voting system (like what SCDB has), which theoretically doesn't suffer from the same problem, I'm still not going to bother to vote for every single variant of the same alg either, because that's way too much effort.)
Thanks for the explanation

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Since I do BLD, there are A-perms from lot of angles and directions that I know. Like y2 off standard position, z/z' off standard position and A perm on the bottom and so on.