• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which 3x3 world record would you prefer to have - single or average?

• 3x3 Single

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • 3x3 Average

Votes: 38 54.3%

• Total voters

CubingGenius

For me, it would be the average because that shows that you have consistently fast times.

You can also give a reason to which one you would choose below.

Tycubing

WCA
2015SPEC01
Average. Easily.

You also have more of a chance of losing it quickly. You can get a WR single with one lucky scramble. Average takes 5 good scrambles and not getting nervous.

EntireTV

Single so I don't have to explain to people how averages in comps work when I tell them I have a WR.

The same reasons and because you go more viral (don't think I'm greedy) and people don't understand averages.

DhruvA

WCA
2015AROR05
Single. Because the reaction is awesome.
Also who doesn't want that photo clicked with the wr cube on the display?

Petro Leum

WCA
2012KALH01
wow, i thought almost noone woulkd vote single, but as it stands, single is actually ahead in votes...

i'd take average, because it's statistically more meaningful than single, which is mostly luck.

Loiloiloi

WCA
2016CLAR04
wow, i thought almost noone woulkd vote single, but as it stands, single is actually ahead in votes...
When I voted there were 0 votes for single and 6 for average.
lolololol everyone just wants to be famous.. Pretty much cubing is the wrong hobby if you're there for that.
I have to disagree there, you can be just barely sub-1 on 3x3 and everyone will think you're a genius. Cubing gets me more attention than anything else about me.

Reactions: Dom

turtwig

lolololol everyone just wants to be famous.. Pretty much cubing is the wrong hobby if you're there for that.

But if you become famous from getting the 3x3 single the chance that you'll get sponsored is also quite high.