• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Where do you think US Nationals 2010 should be held?

Where should the US nationals be held next? In your opinion

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkZer00

A National Event in Colorado would be so awesome

we had the democratic national convention here, so the press would jump all over that

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
I would like to offer a free slap in the face to the next person to suggest holding it somewhere that has no organization team, unless they're paying for the flights of that team.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A National Event in Colorado would be so awesome

we had the democratic national convention here, so the press would jump all over that
US Nationals 2009 was the first US competition with a press release. No media responded to it.

(Yes, I will try harder next time, since I know what I'm doing. But still, nobody went "Hey, Rubik's Cube Nationals! We HAVE to cover that.")

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
Does "helpful" mean "okay, I'll help you guys judge for a round or two" or "okay, I'm committed to working the tournament for three days"? There's a difference.

mstrlunx

how about orlando florida???? disney and a hugeee convention center that can be used!!also there is universal and islands of adventure you cant go wrong with beachs too!

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does "helpful" mean "okay, I'll help you guys judge for a round or two" or "okay, I'm committed to working the tournament for three days"? There's a difference.

I can assure you that there are a number of cubers in the the area that are the latter of the two. I'm sure Bob would attest. That is not true for most areas of the country, for sure, but the NYC area has a great deal of people that are competent and willing to help, I'm sure.

On the rest of the thread though, it's really not helpful for nearly every poster to post "have it in ::enter hometown::". Nobody is going to take you seriously, just stop.

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
how about orlando florida???? disney and a hugeee convention center that can be used!!also there is universal and islands of adventure you cant go wrong with beachs too!
Do you have any idea how much that would cost, to rent places of a major theme park that gets millions of visitors each year?

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01

Yup...like the kid at Nationals that was judging. I was running and put a cube down in front of him, and the competitor sits down. The kid was playing with a 3x3x4 and didn't look up. I pick up the cube and tap it on the table a few times, still doesn't pay attention. Ian comes over and judges the person. I think the kid judged one other person after that. As soon as they were done, the kid jumps off the front of the stage and runs away, leaving an open station during a relatively busy time.

And for the people suggesting convention centers, almost everywhere has a convention center that could handle Nationals. With enough money, the organizers can get any place. If someone was able to secure a convention center for free, that would be something of interest.

Tim Reynolds

Premium Member
WCA
2005REYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I can assure you that there are a number of cubers in the the area that are the latter of the two. I'm sure Bob would attest. That is not true for most areas of the country, for sure, but the NYC area has a great deal of people that are competent and willing to help, I'm sure.

There are a number of such cubers in our area, but I'm sure that that number is not big enough to run Nationals. Most people who end up helping out in our area usually fall into the first category.

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01

There are a number of such cubers in our area, but I'm sure that that number is not big enough to run Nationals. Most people who end up helping out in our area usually fall into the first category.

And those who fall into the second category usually compete in everything. :p

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Bob. If we do have it in this area, I do believe that we could do this. I know that a lot of people have successfully hosted a competition around here, and that we, as Kian said, have quite a collaboration of competent people that could help with this. I, for one, would be willing to help.
'Help,' in this case, meaning *actually* help, not just judging a few people.

puzzlemaster

WCA
2008LAUD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Bob. If we do have it in this area, I do believe that we could do this. I know that a lot of people have successfully hosted a competition around here, and that we, as Kian said, have quite a collaboration of competent people that could help with this. I, for one, would be willing to help.
'Help,' in this case, meaning *actually* help, not just judging a few people.

I haven't organized a competition or such but I'm willing to do whatever is needed here. I understand that i'm not as experienced as most people (Bob, Dan, even Stachu) however I am willing to work hard in order to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.